HELP-Color gps chartplotter-which one to buy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike2043

Reaction score
I have the Standard Horizon 180 and I like it. I have not had a problem with it. I paid I think around $600.00 with the C-Map Card. Best place I found and it was also recommended was BOE Marine. Good service and fast shipping. Good Luck.

daniel ---- I have the external antenna. My boat is a walk around and I am planning on putting in an arch down the road so i will move the antenna there. Right now I have it mounted to the horn on the deck. It is pretty easy to use. I figured it out and I suck with electronic things.

I also flush mounted it and I am happy I did.

In that price range ... Northstar. Check out the Explorer 567, ~$660, with 6.4" screen.

-Faster redraw than any Garmin I've ever witnessed
-Phenomenally easy-to-use ergonomics
-Has the fuel computer engine already built in, only need to add ~$80 in-line fuel transducer
-Runs C-Map chips, new $200, but I buy older ones (fine for all I need!) on-line from eBay for ~$30
-Can buy home PC Planner program from C-Map and run your chip (that's why I buy a used 'spare' one) on your home PC. You can make routes or modify them and plot where you're catching fish ... then upload into the chartplotter.

107-1.jpg

Do I like them? They're bulletproof ... my family is running 3 of them. Buy from Jim @ BOE, click here.

I recommend Lowrance for the money.

It comes with an internal antenna ( I mounted an external as well), preloaded charts, transducer, and 6.5 inch screen.

It is the HDS-7 model. I love it. Very easy to use, CLEAR HD screen.

With the external antenna, out the door I paid 1300 up here in CT and is well worth it. It also has a feed available for radar.

salbrent":923fxodt said:
Where did you buy the software and card reader?
I bought my PC Planner kit from Dave's Marine Electronics, who used to go by "Broken Leg Dave"/ You can get to him by either name, no spaces, as the URL.

Back