Help Needed -- Trailer Loading Problem when Retreiving Boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
I have a 2007 21' SP which sits on a 2007 Sea Lion Dual Axle TRailer. Everytime I retrieve the boat, the boat always sits high on the port side. I don't think it is a boat issue because the boat sits level when in the water. I am thinking more of a trailer issue, rollers not aligned correctly. Have been experiencing the issue since I originally purshased the boat. I have resorted to having a crewmember stand on the Port side while winching boat onto the trailer. That helps. BTW, happens on all ramps that I have used, so I don't think it is a ramp issue either. Last time out I had a friend watch the boat as it was loading. He said that the boat seemed to go on straight until it hit the front set of rollers and then it "kicked" the boat off level (port side high). I looked at the rollers and I do not see any vertical adjustments. Could it be that the side to side spacing (port to starboard) between the craddles is off? Anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced the same issue?

At my boat ramp
If you load on the right it gos on straight
If you use the other side I used to have to have someone sit on the side of the boat to get it level
This was due to the cement under water was off on the side they typically us to load boats
I have since switched from my original trailer that was roller
To a bunk trailer and I have no issues on either side now
I think the bunk just cradles the boat so much better it now takes up the discrepancies
Also Parker only wants their boats on bunk trailers I called and asked
I was due so I went Bunk and I love it

Back