Help. Trim tab not working

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
One trim tab not working. Never had problems with them. Does anyone know if it’s fused with one or 2 fuses? Where is the fuse ? 2005 parker 2320. Thanks Marty D

The best way to check for the fault is to put 12V positive and negative to the two wires running to the actuators. Reversing polarity changes the direction they run, up or down.

If you put power directly to the actuators and they run, then the fault is the switch (or control box if it has one).

If they do not run then they will need to be replaced.

from Tabman in Heaven

Brent":1opvzqsp said:
The best way to check for the fault is to put 12V positive and negative to the two wires running to the actuators. Reversing polarity changes the direction they run, up or down.

If you put power directly to the actuators and they run, then the fault is the switch (or control box if it has one).

If they do not run then they will need to be replaced.

from Tabman in Heaven
Is there a inline fuse? If I found that I can do that test at the fuses. I don’t have a control box. Just the button. It may just be a fuse also.

Brent":5zuhih2l said:
The switch goes to a control box which is wired with a fuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Any clue were this control box is ? The wires from the button goes into the harness and runs to the back. I can’t find it. Thanks Marty D

Brent":2t5hgg4c said:
I think it is located in the back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks Brent. Boat is sold and I don’t want to ship it with something not working. I told the new owner and he is ok with fixing it himself but it not right on my part. I want the new owner to be proud of being a parker boat owner as this is his first parker boat

Back