Help with an older Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Final-lee

Reaction score
First a little about the boat:
1987 25ft Parker Sport Cabin
Oringinal Johnson 250 (2008.6 Hours to be exact) :D
Last year we upgraded to a Lowrance 525 Gps Unit and now we are putting a few extras on the unit.

Problem: We just bought a ep-60r fuel flow senor for the Gps unit to give us GPH/Burned, estimated travel distance, and a more accurate gauge. Sounds great right? The problem is that we don't know what the fuel tank size is. We've called Robin Parker and they don't have records back that far becasue they were in the business of building boats not keeping records. They'll "call" me when they find them. Ok so I'll check the plate on top of the tank. No can do plate is gone/corroded past recognition.

From filling up we are pretty sure its in the neighborhood of 60-80 gallons But pretty sure isn't an option on the sensor. Any help would be great.

Final-Lee

P.S.- The tank is built inbetween sets of stringers so it makes it really hard to try and measure.

that 1987 hull is the same MVSC (14* deadrise) as my 1996 so unless you have an unusual configuration, I believe that optifish is correct.
My boat has a 127 gal tank according to the tank plate, so I'd think its safe to say yours is in the 120 gal range.

Completely drain the tank and then fill it up? I know its not easy, but its guaranteed results at least. Good to know what size tank you're running anyway.

i have a late 80s mod v parker. I have 2x 49gals in the floor as per my inspection plates.

his fuel cap could be less i suppose. I wish i had a 1x127gal in the floor that would be useful =)

CaptainJim":3kc6ixso said:
i have a late 80s mod v parker. I have 2x 49gals in the floor as per my inspection plates.

his fuel cap could be less i suppose. I wish i had a 1x127gal in the floor that would be useful =)

Actually, mine has 3 tanks. :shock:

127 gal main
47 port
47 stbd

Someday I'm going to cut the floor and remove those 2 wing tanks and lighten my load! :)

Megabyte":11s0di9j said:
CaptainJim":11s0di9j said:

Actually, mine has 3 tanks. :shock:

127 gal main
47 port
47 stbd

Someday I'm going to cut the floor and remove those 2 wing tanks and lighten my load! :)

I wouldn't...empty tanks don't take up that much weight. Besides, you may want to hang a black 300 Zuke of of the Megabyte someday and will want the extra fuel for an offshore trip. :D :D :D

They are there, plumbed, and ready to go. I'd leave them alone.

Dave

aka

I know my 2310 isn't in the same league as a 25', but it's a MV 1992 model. It has a 60-65 gal. tank. Perhaps this may give you a benchmark...23'-25'.

Mac

Back