help with autopilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbieleck

Reaction score
I installed an RMS1000 autopilot. All the tests show that it is installed properly. However, I can't get a gps fix on the AP. I have a Furuno Nav Net Vx2 GPS Plotter. Has anybody else run in to this or have any ideas? Is there any settings on the GPS that need to be changed to get a fix? I called raymarine and they seemed to think that it had something to do with the GPS and not the unit itself. Thanks for any advise.

I had this problem recently when I installed a S1000 on my 2520, the problem was in the NMEA connection, needed a hot wire going to it I believe? Not really positive about that, I had an electronics guy figure it out, I doubt it is the GPS if it is not ancient it should be fine. try posting a diagram of how you wired it in. Maybe also post it on THT.

if you connected green to green or red to red then thats your problem. you need to pull out the book for your Furono and see what nmea they are running because the wire colors are not the same from manufacturer to manufacturer. You need 4 wires positive negative in and positive negative out and then connect them with little heat shrinks.

Back