Help with Boat Registration Numbers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjd24

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Registration numbers are peeling off the bow of my 2016 2320. (4th trip)
Can anybody recommend an adhesive that I can use which will enable me to reattach the numbers without damaging them. Everything I see refers to "new" number application.
Dealer is offering to send me new numbers but they'll be difficult to apply while working upside down from the top deck. I don't have a trailer and bow flare makes it hard to reach from dock.
Thanks

Registration numbers should not be peeling off.
My guess is the dealer waxed your hull then applied the registration numbers.

I have had 8 boats and my registration numbers never peeled off.

I suggest using fantastic spray to clean the surface, then reapply the numbers..

Hope this helps

Makoman232":317y8y33 said:
Registration numbers should not be peeling off.
My guess is the dealer waxed your hull then applied the registration numbers.

I have had 8 boats and my registration numbers never peeled off.

I suggest using fantastic spray to clean the surface, then reapply the numbers..

Hope this helps

Pretty much my thoughts also......except just use rubbing alcohol to remove the wax.

I'd remove them all and start over again.

In some states like Al. those numbers change with the owner..... But in Fl. the numbers are assigned to that hull and always stay the same, no matter who owns it.

I've even seen a boat leave Fl.....get registered in Al.......then get sold and re registered in Fl. It got the exact same numbers that FL. assigned originally.

3in numbers are what is required, but 4in look better.

Thank you Makoman & Warthog.
I was afraid of that.
I don't have a trailer and working under the bow flare is difficult.
I'm hoping my Dealer will step up to correct this and the other problem I'm having.
I've had the boat for less than a month.

I don't need any problems with the State Police or Coast Guard.

Back