Help with Lewmar 22# self deploying anchor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ok, I installed a profish 700, 8 plait rode & a 22# "self depolying" anchor. Problem is the anchor dosent self deploy 1/2 the time. I put it down an it stays on the pulpit. It needs a good wave or a slight kick to have it go down. My last parker did the same thing. Do you guys know a "fix" for this ? Thanks all !!

The angle of the pulpit prevents the anchor from free falling.
I saw someone with a roller mounted about midway down the pulpit to get the shank of the anchor on a downward angle. Never tried it though.

Something like this.

128530.jpg

Mount this upside down.

small-platform-anchor-rol.jpg

i have the same prop. with my lewmar 700, after i send my best swimmer to nudge it over the first time, i just don't wind it all the way up till i go in at the end of the day. have driven all over the bay with it not snugged up tight and so far not had prob. tinman too bel air md.

At the front of the pulpit, there should be a metal loop. You have to adjust that piece of metal. Push it down and that will keep the anchor at the correct angle to fall on it's own

TunaJoe":1ft7dw8q said:
At the front of the pulpit, there should be a metal loop. You have to adjust that piece of metal. Push it down and that will keep the anchor at the correct angle to fall on it's own

Has adjusting this worked for you ? Wont the windlass pull it back when pulling the anchor up ? Thanks !!

i have not tried adjusting the metal bar at the pulpit yet. will check it out next time.

on Larry's 2520 with the Profish and 22 delta, to get it to self launch he makes sure the front roller is greased and otherwise rolls freely. he also brings the anchor in all the way so the chain is tight. this causes the anchor to rise up a bite. when he hits the out button the anchor drops and the momentum carries the anchor the rest of the way until it drops and deploys. not saying this is the best or right way to do it, but it is how Larry gets it to work on his boat.

for me, since i tie mine off after it is deployed, i go fwd and deploy mine manually by using my finger to lift the chain off the gypsy allowing the rode to freefall through my hands. when i recover, i go fwd and untie the line from the cleat and lay it back over the gypsy, then pop in the CB and hit the in button.

052520":3b4hwn8u said:
TunaJoe":3b4hwn8u said:

Has adjusting this worked for you ? Wont the windlass pull it back when pulling the anchor up ? Thanks !!

I believe you can just tighten it up to stay in what ever positon you want.

Back