Help with Radar Install 2320 Pilothouse - Folding Mount

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDGEWATER

Reaction score
I'm planning to add a Garmin 18HD Radome to my 2320 Pilothouse.

I need a fold down (or removable) mount to allow the boat to fit in the garage. The rocket launchers just clear the door.

Like to see some pictures of your installations including wiring inside the cabin.

Thanks

Well Forget the removable, as there is a cord attached to it. :)

So Fold down is your only avenue.

You could even use Dzus Buttons to hold it in place and eliminate the wing bolts.

If they will hold panels on airplanes and hold bodies on TF/ dragsters....They will hold the radar plate.

Here's some wing bolt units.

102_115wallL__38696.1339017511.1280.1280.jpg

Bryan - Killer job on that mount!!

Warthog - I am familiar with those 1/4 turns.

I'm looking at making a round mount that you could loosen, slide forward and rotate 180 degrees. Working on a design now -- I'll post images. I'll take all of the feedback I can get.

Thanks.

I had the same problem except my rocket launchers were even and inch to high. bought a 10 or 12 inch drop stinger and now unhook switch stingers and back in with an inch of clearance. less hassle than rigging up a foldeing radar.

QwikSticks":42tkavar said:
I had the same problem except my rocket launchers were even and inch to high. bought a 10 or 12 inch drop stinger and now unhook switch stingers and back in with an inch of clearance. less hassle than rigging up a foldeing radar.

I need a mount anyway -- so I'm choosing a custom mount to provide clearance.

Thanks for the idea.

Back