Help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock Bottom

Reaction score
My 2007 2510 leans to the strbd side and I'm not really sure why. Is it possible that the gas tank is off center? I have twn 150s and a pwr head w/ holding tank. I did notice that one of the 2520s in my marina leaned a little as well but not as much as mine. It's really noticeable while on plane as I'm constantly fiddling with the trim tabs. Please educate this new owner.

Thanks in advance
Jake

If it leans while at rest, you will need to look at your gear, where it is carried, and re-distribute some of it to level it out.
Not uncommon...

If it leans while underway, it is probably your tabs combines with your gear. Retract the tabs all the way, and adjust from there, but only do that after you re-distribute the weight at rest. You really shouldn't use the tabs to balance an unbalanced boat.

Are you sure that both of your tabs are working properly? Could it be that one of them is stuck in the up or down position?

Or, which has happened to us a few times, some growth has made one of the tabs not retract all the way, or made the tab thicker. It doesn't take much of a difference at the transom to make the boat take on a little roll.

I have noticed my boat leans towards starboard. I attribute it to the fact that I sit there, my cooler is on that side since the door opens and blocks the back port side of the pilothouse and all of the electronics/wiring/helm are on the starboard side as well. When I load up the boat i try to put stuff on the port side to help out. But it only makes sense that it would lean some to starboard with the helm being on that side.

BradV":198op72e said:
it only makes sense that it would lean some to starboard with the helm being on that side.

Mine has a slight lean to stbd as well.
I attribute it to the weight of the helm and the rear steering station.
Like Brad, I load the boat to compensate and to make her neutral.

I really only notice the lean when water is on the deck and it ships to the stbd side.
It really isn't noticeable to the naked eye at rest.

It does lean at rest and it is very visible. I dont keep that much gear on the boat atleast not enough to make the boat lean. However I will try to redistribute the weight and see if it makes a difference. I was concerned that the boat might be holding water some how evethough there is no evidence of it.

Thanks for the replies
Jake

Where are your batteries? My '96 2520 was originally rigged with both in the starboard stern seat cabinet. When I repowered with a F250, I was told that it required group 27 batteries which would not fit in this space formerly occupied by the group 24's. The "27's" were put in the bilge forward of the engine. Like magic my starboard lean was all but eliminated.

All your electrical and engine rigging runs up the starboard side of these boats. It is common until you offset the weight on the port side.

my 2310 leans the same. Two bats on the stbd side which is what I say causes it. Get yourself a yellow lab, name him Jake and put him in the port seat and problem solved. 8)
I have always thought about FBW myself as I get quite a bit (forward bilge water)

Parkerman":29iumk8i said:
my 2310 leans the same. Two bats on the stbd side which is what I say causes it. Get yourself a yellow lab, name him Jake and put him in the port seat and problem solved. 8)
I have always thought about FBW myself as I get quite a bit (forward bilge water)

Ha! That's where I went wrong.
I have a black Lab named Magget.
When traveling she gets excited and walks around and around the CC.
Talk about troubles getting trimmed?

Back