Here comes the Judge

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
Fellow Classic Parker friends/owners (and other participants who own boats of similar design and function),

As many of you know, I had my boat loosely listed to see if I could afford to get in to a Judge 27. Well today I had tenatively accepted an offer on my Maycraft. While the Maycraft is an AWESOME boat and has caught a lot of fish, I am completely looking forward to working with Judge on them building my new ride. I will be chosing the Honda 225 over the 250 suzuki primarily due to the 5 year warranty offered right now, ease of getting servicing parts, economy (Under 8gph at 25mph cruise ), and I am told by an owner with the 250 zuke that it drones in the cabin at cruise . With a top speed of 38+mph, it is all I need power wise anyhow. I am also hoping to get some great options like a dinette to port, cockpit steering, QL tabs, full dive platform on the bracket, etc. The boat will also be made of all top shelf composte materials. I am hoping the deal will be finalized soon (maybe tomorrow)so that Judge can officially begin production. It is GREAT to have such a fine builder in my back yard! (I see how you north carolinians feel - although you have many more)

Here is what I hope to have soon
Judge Yachts 27' Chesapeake Outboard Custom Built Boat

27DEFORD1.JPG

This will make a pair of Judges in my family as my father runs a 2001 Judge downeast with twin 130 Hondas.

Unfortunately this means I will not make your raft up that I have enjoyed so much in the past...

Congratulations! Was it my buddy, Tim? He said your boat was absolutely immaculate.

The Judge is under construction and wont be done until after labor day weekend...

Tim did buy the boat.. He takes ownership on Monday. It is a GREAT boat. He should really enjoy it.. ( I know I am going to miss it )

Congratulations Greg!
I guess this means you'll be driving to Denton every weekend to take build photos? :D

I would bet that we can get you a ride to the Rendezvous if you'd like to attend. :wink:
Or... you could Yak on over. We will either be near the end of Ridout Creek, or in Whitehall Creek at the mouths of Ridout and Canal Creeks (at the 6kt marker).

If you need another Yak, let me know. Mine is available. :wink:

Kev, let me know when you want to go on a little field trip. I got all the options but colored hull sides!

Really nice boats. There's a similar but I think a little smaller "Judge" at Breezy Point slipped right next to the store/gas dock.

What's the transom deadrise on these hulls? Looks fairly flat from what I have seen. I assume in the typical bay hard chop, you just slow down...yes?

:D

Judges have an aggresive "warped plane" hull. The entry on the boat is said to be 45 degees, with a 24 degree midship and 12 degree transom deadrise. It is also a strakeless hull allowing her to really slice up front.

Here are a couple more photos of the hull. As you can see from the one above that the entry is pretty sharp. Keep the bow down and it does the dirty work on the bay for you. From owners I hava spoke with she will do about 22mph even in the roughest stuff on the bay.

Attachments

• a4a.JPG
    a4a.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,566
  • v.JPG
    v.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,566
  • a8a.JPG
    a8a.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,566
Looks like she is going to be a lovely boat...use her well!

i would get that boat too dirty. :cry:

it's so lovely and white.....i have the overwhelming urge to plug the cockpit with striper slime and bluefish blood and bunker gurry.

It would never be that clean again :D

CaptainJim":329tve8l said:
i would get that boat too dirty. :cry:

it's so lovely and white.....i have the overwhelming urge to plug the cockpit with striper slime and bluefish blood and bunker gurry.

It would never be that clean again :D

I had perch, rock, spot, flounder, and blues on my boat today, and it was pretty gacked up... Those blues especially like to bleed and throw up all over the place. :shock:

But once home in my slip, my boat soap and bleach solution had her looking like new again in no time. :mrgreen:

I am going back over sometime next week. Let me know if any of you want to come!

I called you Kev before my last trip over. They are about 40 minutes away from the bay bridge.

Elaine sent a few photos from today.. Cant get over there until next week (maybe Friday)

Attachments

• P8260001.JPG
    P8260001.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • P8260004.JPG
    P8260004.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • P8260003.JPG
    P8260003.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,212
Took delivery of the boat on Wed and have been slammed at work. I
hope to break in the motor on her this weekend! 8)

At the request of board mod "Parker" here are some shots of her!

Attachments

• q7.jpg
    q7.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 915
  • q6.jpg
    q6.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 915
  • q5.jpg
    q5.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 915
  • q4.jpg
    q4.jpg