Hey, watch your wake!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
This just gets me ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...

;)

Attachments

• Wake1.jpg
    Wake1.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Wake2.jpg
    Wake2.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,779
RandMadeRods":1yvde2zy said:
Now I'm convinced I picked the wrong profession.
Me too! ... professional photographer?? Haha! But with my luck, if it followed my fishing luck, I'd get the old ladies naked calendar and would be passed over for the Victoria's catalog or Sports Illustrated swimsuit editions.

jasperdog":2r91xiyb said:
That is a Photoshop job I am pretty sure fellas...........

I dunno..... if it is, it's a darn good job. Look at the shadow in the water on the 2nd picture and the blurred images behind his exhaust heat. Kinda hard to photoshop that kind of stuff.

Can't say whether it is photoshopped or not, but I can tell you that we were never, EVER, allowed to fly under bridges now matter how high. During my duty assignment in P-cola, my squadron's hangar was next to theirs. Don't recall ever seeing or hearing of an under bridge fly-bys. But then again, they are the BA.

jim

jasperdog":20lnzc80 said:
No, I can guarantee you is is NOT PhotoShop'd photos! I got these in a zip folder that had 30 or more photos on it. They were taken during San Francisco's Fleet Week this past year.

jasperdog":3vfki4gg said:

I will have to agree. If they are real it would seem pretty irresponsible, and it would be awfully good camera work, the plane would have to be going several hundred mph, right?

Yeesh guys, give me a break, they are real photos. Here's the original website http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1a/, see here
where these photos are now posted, from which my bro got a DVD full of them. If all of these are photoshop ... this guy should run for President, as he'll be quite the con man!

Here's an article from the SF newspaper about the event, click here for more info, which also includes an article about how controversial some of the flying maneuvers are, as many try to ban the flying display by the Navy Blue Angels, see this article.

ScoopsAhoy":hw4eqfzx said:
jasperdog":hw4eqfzx said:

I dunno..... if it is, it's a darn good job. Look at the shadow in the water on the 2nd picture and the blurred images behind his exhaust heat. Kinda hard to photoshop that kind of stuff.

eh, maybe theyre real. but its not really that hard, i could probably do something like that if i was willing to put enough time in it, the tools are pretty simple to use. cool either way though 8)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html

Pelagic:

It has been said that the above puzzle is used to test the reflexes of fighter pilots. You can't fly the F/A 18 until you master it. Now don't wear out your mouse or keyboard. When you start to get blisters it's time to quit and go to bed.

P.S. I called it quits after my best of 12 sec. Ok--14.5 seconds now.

jim

Not bad photo editing. Probably should have taken the blue sky out of the clear canopy and checked the shadow angle with the rest of the photo. Might also take a look at the mast in the two sailbaots directly behind the plane where the editor failed to fill in the mast sections with his clone tool. Exhaust would distort the image but not obliterate it entirely.

You might also recall such a stunt gone bad where several people were killed and two Marine pilots were prosocuted.

As a former military photographer and involved in planning of such events in the public relations field I can also tell you that if such a stunt were authorized you would not see any boats on the water in its flight path, period.

Claymar":io88n3b0 said:
Not bad photo editing. Probably should have taken the blue sky out of the clear canopy and checked the shadow angle with the rest of the photo. Might also take a look at the mast in the two sailbaots directly behind the plane where the editor failed to fill in the mast sections with his clone tool. Exhaust would distort the image but not obliterate it entirely.

You might also recall such a stunt gone bad where several people were killed and two Marine pilots were prosocuted.

As a former military photographer and involved in planning of such events in the public relations field I can also tell you that if such a stunt were authorized you would not see any boats on the water in its flight path, period.
I hear you ...but ...

So you're saying that in addition to all of the jet photos ... the ones of the helicopters, Navy ships, USCG boats et al are fakes too? And also faked are the actual San Francisco paper articles about the very controversy you allude to? I thought they were cool and the websites and press about the potential for an accident made be believe they were real.

I guess we need 'Snopes' to decide this one ... :roll:

I want to believe they are really, but two things don't make sense.

In picture 1 there are four (maybe five) people aboard the sailboat. It appears that only the helmsman is looking at the jet. Can three (or four) people simultaneously ignore tons of metal moving at 400 mph +/-, fifty feet +/- above the water? Maybe.

Again in picture 1 no one appears to be covering their ears. Most of us have heard fighter jets fly over our houses, or attended an air show. These things make a lot of noise. It is hard to tell how close the boats in the foreground are to the jet, but how can so many people (four or five in the sailboat and three in the motorboat to the left) not want to protect their ear drums.

It's a cool photo, and I want to believe its true, but help me explain both points above.

Claymar":33r1fnas said:

Based on the presence of both the Coast Guard safe boat and the Coast Guard Auxiliary vessel in photo number one, I'd say that this event was nothing like what the Marines did in Italy several years ago. This display was no doubt planned in advance and an open path for the jet was cordoned off to vessel traffic.

Semper fi and Semper paratus.

Latest posts

Back