Hi what do you do when not on CP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one am glad no one has said unemployed. If work doesn't pick up soon I am afraid my company will be adding to the statistics. Its not easy keeping 14 guys plus a full office staff working when the work slows down.

Federal Firefighter (27 yrs) working in the Office of Emergency Management (retiring in July 2010).

Not sure what my next career will be. :)
County or city OEM is a possibility, as is making my masters ticket (with towing endorsement) work for me.
I also have a networking/IT background, so I have options... 8)

Master Automobile Mechanic

I am on an extended vacation until the automobile business picks back up. My last job I worked at a Light Truck and SUV business that bought vehicles from various sales, repo's, and auctions. Then we (The Shop) would make them ready for resale. Full inspections, paint detail, and mechanical. Some vehicles needed extensive eguipment removed such as the one pictured, it was a surveillance vehicle with every radio, and electronics gadget you could think of, even sat. TV. Most however were only half this bad. We removed a whole shop trash can full of wiring harnesses, and another large pile of misc stuff. I never had to say my job wasnt challenging enough.

Please take my advice and never have an aftermarket installed security/theft system or remote start device installed on your vehicle!

Attachments

• DCP_0016 (Medium).jpg
    DCP_0016 (Medium).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 997
  • DCP_0018 (Medium).jpg
    DCP_0018 (Medium).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 997
  • DCP_0019 (Medium).jpg
    DCP_0019 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 997
  • DCP_0019 (Medium).jpg
    DCP_0019 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 995
rangerdog":1bm0v0nh said:
I am a government IT security guy. I also remodel houses.

Me too. Been at it for over 30 years...long before it became popular. Got started in that field while I was still on active duty in the Army. After I retired from the Army, it became my second career.

Dave

aka

I'm retired from the Army (law enforcement) and now I do consultant work for the US Government on computer forensics and information assurance.

I bought the Parker for the exact reasons someone stated above, no frills and reliable.

Catfish, I feel your pain..when I was doing expediter work for dealers I saw allot of that. I have removed more Circuit City installs than I can count and was putting remote starters in cars in 1990 when they first came out. There is definitely a right and wrong way to do things and some of what I have seen from large retailers still amazes me. I still remember coming out of 7 eleven to find a police man writing me a ticket for leaving my keys in the car running on my first remote start system and the look on his face when I pulled the keys from my pocket and showed him how it worked...this was also my first official sale. :D

I am now retired so I spend a lot of time playing in my new workshop. I was a truck driver for 32 years and then ran a motel here along the coast. I spent a lot of time away from home so now I am making up for it. It sure is nice to kick back at home and get up any time I want to. I walk my Lab every afternoon in the local state park also.

Husband,and Father of 5.Jack of all trades,master of none.Worked in the oilpatch,Certified welder,Plumber,but I have 18 years as a Water Distribution Operator.
I also do underground utility constuction on the side.Another 12 more,and I'm gonna roll,and Dive,and fish every day that momma lets me. :wink:
MJ.

Porkchunker":3vz1fiem said:
rangerdog":3vz1fiem said:
I am a government IT security guy. I also remodel houses.

Me too. Been at it for over 30 years...long before it became popular. Got started in that field while I was still on active duty in the Army. After I retired from the Army, it became my second career.

Dave

aka

Well as is typical for an Army Civil Servant, I am the Program's Operations Officer; my main responsibility is being the system Information Assurance Manager (With all the requsite training and certifications) but I am also the Contracting Officer's Representative (With all the requsite training and certifications). I also do all the business operations (Budget, rent, pay, etc) and have significant responsibility as PM over the Network Operations, System Administration, hardware procurements, etc. Pretty full plate in a four man shop of 1 each GS15, 2 Each GS14s, and one each GS 13. I have a fraction over 5 years left on my 30 years; I'll be 56 and won't look back after retirement. I'll see a lot more of you on the water and afield.

Back