Hi

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlacey21walden

Reaction score
IMG_1484.jpegBought a new to me Parker 1801 over the winter, I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could help with.

Is there a way to know if the fuel gauge is working? It says full but have had it out twice now and it hasn’t moved a bit.

The wash down pump comes on but isn’t pumping water, is there something I need to do to prime it?

Thanks
T

View attachment 39817Bought a new to me Parker 1801 over the winter, I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could help with.

Is there a way to know if the fuel gauge is working? It says full but have had it out twice now and it hasn’t moved a bit.

The wash down pump comes on but isn’t pumping water, is there something I need to do to prime it?

Thanks
T
Could be a few things with the raw water washdown. Depending on type of pump, it may have disconnects on the hoses for both intake and output sides of the pump. If the boat was “winterized” those hoses should have been disconnected which would have allowed the pump to drain to prevent freeze damage. A lot of folks leave those hoses disconnected all Winter. It’s possible that your hoses need to be reattached. Simple process, just push them into the ports on the pump and slide down the locks.

Another possibility is that the seacock at the thru hull for the raw water wash down pick up hose is closed.

It says full but have had it out twice now and it hasn’t moved a bit.
Did you top it off before your trips? As long as you know you have plenty of fuel, keep using it to see if it moves. If it doesn't after half a tank or so, then you may need to check your sending unit.

Nice rig! Will you be launching from Marblehead on the Saco river?

Did you top it off before your trips? As long as you know you have plenty of fuel, keep using it to see if it moves. If it doesn't after half a tank or so, then you may need to check your sending unit.

Nice rig! Will you be launching from Marblehead on the Saco river?

Marblehead and pine point, the occasional trip up to the Kennebec river.

I have had it out twice on sebago, so far I am loving it, the 90hp Yamaha gets it up on plan faster then my old 16ft cresliner. My main concern was that it has 40-50 gallons of gas that has been sitting for 6-12 months the previous owner didn’t use the boat much the last year that had it..

I pulled the sending unit earlier today confirmed that it works and it was in fact full. I siphoned about 15 gallons out. I will run it down a bit more before filling with fresh fuel.
The wash down pump I found the plastic cap to the screen was cracked so it probably wasn’t working because of that.

Last edited:
Back