• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Holy smokes

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever ride on one? I like the somewhat downeast lines and would love the diesel, but the ride and sea keeping/tracking abilities of the 27' Easterns ( even the I/Os) pales to my mod-V Parker 25. I found the stern of the Easterns pushed around in a following sea like a confused squirrel trying to cross the road! She needs a bigger skeg IMHO.

my father has one with twin 130 Honda outboards. one of his fears was being pushed around in following sea regarding the eastern hull. He said it is not an issue at all. He does wish it rode a little nicer. He said it is not a bad riding boat but not a whole lot better than his 23 Allmand. however, he said he will take the boat's efficiency anyday.

Also the photo shows a keel under the boat. I know judge "tweeked" a lot of the eastern hulls before going to is own molds after his plant fire. Not sure if this is the case here or not.

I like the 36' Chesapeake at the top of the page, but for that kind of money I would expect something in the 42' range.

Maybe I expect too much. :|

Latest posts

Back