how bad is this ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknotsebastian

Reaction score
obviously not good but are we talking totally f’d ?

Attachments

• image3 3.jpeg
    image3 3.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 552
Looks like the wood in the stern-knee got wet ..... then froze and caused the fiberglass to crack.

It's not a hard fix.

You'll need to cut (Sawzall) the old knee out. Use it as a template to cut a new one. Fiberglass it in place then color match with either paint or gelcoat.

Fortunately that knee doesn't extend below the deck

Thank you!
Whaddaya think of this one ? leftover holes in the bilge on the raised sections. No biggie?

Attachments

• IMG_1286 3.PNG
    IMG_1286 3.PNG
    269.5 KB · Views: 458
I would certainly address those holes and seal them. I’d recommend doing it correctly with resin and glass vs the 5200 plug and seal method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicknotsebastian":3mrxssqa said:
Thank you!
Whaddaya think of this one ? leftover holes in the bilge on the raised sections. No biggie?

Those are the old battery trays when Parker stuck the batteries in the bilge

There is nothing at all structural to those trays. If they rot ...... no big deal.

If it were me though ..... I would seal the holes with epoxy resin. Drill the holes out a little wider than current ..... drill them out to a 1/4" diameter. Then fill with epoxy.

its a year 2000 2501.
thank you all VERY MICH for your replies.
i don’t have any additional pics... its not mine....and it’s 2,000 miles away.
i am looking into buying it and had some pre-survey / pre in person inspection/sea trial items i wanted to ask about before i even bothered making any offer.

follow up...

i bought the boat and its on the cape now. been out 20+ days on her already this season.
running great and raising a lot of fish.
love it (knock wood).

can anyone tell me where or does anyone have (print or digital) an original 2000 2501 owners manual and schematic (?)

its nothing critical, but i’m planning some slight modifications and some upgrades and often the original docs have good info on plumbing wiring, cable runs, etc that help out.

Back