How can I add an ejector pump/aereator to livewell in floor?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macho

Reaction score
My 1994 2320 DV Extended Cabin has a huge livewell in the floor behind the cabin. I would love to be able to pump it out when it's full and to put aerator in there too. The problem is I don't know where to run the wiring and the hose to the outside.

I have asked Parker for the hull diagram, but they tell me that the hard drive with the diagrams for that year crashed and they lost everything.

Any advice/photos would be most appreciated!!!

Is it right outside the PH door? See pic below, my 2000 2320 has a well right outside the PH door but is definitely not deep enough to make a livewell out of it.

Attachments

• deck.JPG
    deck.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 328
Mine is much deeper & wider than than that. Holds about 85 gallons. Will take some pictures this weekend.

No. There is one inside the cabin for a bilge pump. I did find one picture. When you open the hatch it follows the V of the hull & goes side to side the entire width of the boat. I have had 36 inch fish swimming around in there.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 302
Your live well is below the deck. How far below waterline is the bottom of the tank? DO you have to bail it out?

Goes all the way to the bottom of the boat. There is a plug with a handle on it which I unscrew to let water in. It fills up to right below the deck. So far I just bail it out, but would rather just flick a switch.

Macho,

I have the exact same boat with an identical set-up. It's definitely factory and a pain to bail out.

I'll be watching to see what you find out.

Even if you have access for a pump through the cabin side, it sounds like the tank blocks access under the deck to get the discharge hose to the bilge pump through hull. Aerator should not be a problem, getting the water out without drilling another through hull would mean putting the discharge hose from the front of the tank (where it seems the access for mounting a pump is located) would require a watertight fitting through the front tank bulkhead and the rear tank bulkhead - probably be a PITA to route the hose under the deck, but possible.

Simple option - drop a 'portable' submersible pump in the tank and route a hose over the side. Not elegant, but simple.

On my 1995 2320 I have the hatch in the same location. It has a rim drain with a 90 fitting and a small diameter hose that drains overboard on starboard side above the waterline. The drain plugs easily. No idea how to access the hull interior here to change plastic thru hull or hose if need be.

The well itself is only about 12" depth and fairly useless for storage or as a fishbox. No insulation and small. On the vertical part of well facing the stern there is a round hatch - the cheap push on type. When you open the round hatch you can contort your body to reach down to a thru-hull with a seacock that is basically right under the tank. The well has a drain at the bottom..also like 1/2 inch diameter which is connected to the seacock with hose. Fish scales and such clog this up right quick.

I guess it looks exactly the same as Mike's 2000 in this thread....i just have an on deck bait tank immediately aft of the well.

As a westcoaster I always figured this was some sort of east coast livewell type setup. Weird, though. If I filled the well with water there would be no way to open the hatch and close the seacock without filling the bilge with water from the well. I've always just scratched my head about this.

Ideally, I'd like to cut out the existing fiberglass well and replace it with a much deeper insulated fishbox. I guess if I could, I would plug the thru-hull that is on the centerline and have the new fishbox drain overboard above (or at) the waterline with a macerator pump. All it takes is money I think.

I'll try to take a photo of my setup to add to the mystery of 2320 storage evolution over the years.

sabalo":xrhlum56 said:
On my 1995 2320 I have the hatch in the same location. It has a rim drain with a 90 fitting and a small diameter hose that drains overboard on starboard side above the waterline. The drain plugs easily. No idea how to access the hull interior here to change plastic thru hull or hose if need be.

The well itself is only about 12" depth and fairly useless for storage or as a fishbox. No insulation and small. On the vertical part of well facing the stern there is a round hatch - the cheap push on type. When you open the round hatch you can contort your body to reach down to a thru-hull with a seacock that is basically right under the tank. The well has a drain at the bottom..also like 1/2 inch diameter which is connected to the seacock with hose. Fish scales and such clog this up right quick.

I guess it looks exactly the same as Mike's 2000 in this thread....i just have an on deck bait tank immediately aft of the well.

As a westcoaster I always figured this was some sort of east coast livewell type setup. Weird, though. If I filled the well with water there would be no way to open the hatch and close the seacock without filling the bilge with water from the well. I've always just scratched my head about this.

Ideally, I'd like to cut out the existing fiberglass well and replace it with a much deeper insulated fishbox. I guess if I could, I would plug the thru-hull that is on the centerline and have the new fishbox drain overboard above (or at) the waterline with a macerator pump. All it takes is money I think.

I'll try to take a photo of my setup to add to the mystery of 2320 storage evolution over the years.

On my 2320 I can access the through hull fitting through the access hatch in the back of the pilot house. The hatch unscrews and allows me access down the side of the boat. The picture below shows down the side of the boat with the hatch off, although this picture was taken of the port side of the boat and the through hull is on the starboard, but you can get the idea.
also another picture of my hatch

Attachments

• speaker project.jpg
    speaker project.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 141
  • deck tank2.JPG
    deck tank2.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 181
Thanks to everyone who helped me out here! The photo & post from sabalo gives me hope that I can do something through that hatch in the rear of the cabin.

Back