How do you remove the pedestals?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
I unscrewd all screws from the base but the pedestal won't budge. Didn't want to force it risk taking a piece of the boat with it. Are there more to it or might be just sealant?

Definitely sealant, hopefully boat silicone instead of 5200. Mine came right off when I installed the pro pedestals last year

i'm going to give it another try tomorrow if it's 5200 I'm going to leave it alone. Just templating for some EVA floorings.

FWIW boat is an 05 with only 300 hours when I got it, the owner left everything factory so I doube he did anything to the pedestal. So however the factory installed it, it should be the same.

If its 5200 hit it with Debond and give the stuff some time to work. The pedestal will just pop off.....hit it with more debond to clean the rest of the sealant off.

download.jpeg

I didn't want to wait so went outside and bust that thing out. Using a painter's tool since it's stiffer than your typcal putty knife, a couple whack with a mallet revealed the bottom. There was a very thin bead of possibly 5200 or maybe 4200 about 1/16 to 1/8 inch around the base. I was able to use the painters tool to clean it all up.

Back