How do you remove the side-facing seat bases in a 2520?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

Reaction score
I'm trying to remove one of the side-facing seats with underseat storage in our 2520, I've gotten the seat off, that was no problem. The base, on the other hand, is giving me trouble. The top is narrow enough to fit through the door, but it expands as it head toward the floor, and I can't get it to fit out the door. There's got to be a way to remove them without cutting them in half, right?

also what are you going to do with it? If you are going to get rid of it i'm looking for one to put into my 2004-2520XL

OK, how the heck do you get the door frame out? I've removed all the interior screws, removed the interior trim, and cut the silicone on the outside of the outer door, but it will not budge. I see screws in the plastic trim on the outer door, but those don't look to hold things together. I'm stumped, even tried sliding a plastic scraper between the door and house wall. I cut all the silicone for a good 3' on the starboard side, and it still won't budge.

OK .....are you ready for the answer? he, he.......go to the inside bottom edge of the bulkhead. down near the bottom, peel the carpet back a little from the edge where you will feel/find a small phillips head screw going through the glass and into the frame on the outside. then go another 8-10 inches or so up and you will find another screw.......follow the pattern.... remove all the screws and the rest of the door frame will fall away.

been there, done that. :oops: :p

oooooops.....never mind, i thought you were talking about the door frame to the PH. :?

grouperjim":20e8ywhh said:
OK .....are you ready for the answer? he, he.......go to the inside bottom edge of the bulkhead. down near the bottom, peel the carpet back a little from the edge where you will feel/find a small phillips head screw going through the glass and into the frame on the outside. then go another 8-10 inches or so up and you will find another screw.......follow the pattern.... remove all the screws and the rest of the door frame will fall away.

been there, done that. :oops: :p

oooooops.....never mind, i thought you were talking about the door frame to the PH. :?
I AM talking about the door frame to the PH. The one with the swinging door that leads from the deck to the PH.

Cut it in half, I am convienced most of the stuff in my boat was put in before the top half, I tried to get it out too, found my sawzall made it fit right through the door without any trouble :)

Cut it in pieces, YUP, thats what my buddy ended up doing. Apparently, you can not remove the companion seat from the PH without proper application of the sawzall. .....

sparky callEric Denton
Engineering
Parker Marine Ent.
252 728-5621

I'm sure he will help you by telling you what to do
Cheerios

Thanks for the PM

So, can it be done without cutting ? If so, please share.

Note that I have not attempted this myself. My gut is that it should be doable. Then again, I hear otherwise.

PaulH / Emily S":3fryr8y3 said:

Yes indeed... please do!

I would like to have a pair of those seats to put in my boat to replace the pedistal seats.
My plan is to add Plano box racks facing to the rear for tackle storage, and leave the front facing hatches for small item storage.

Since I don't have a cabin door or bulkhead, getting them installed should not be a problem. 8)

Image-0B03138559B911DC.jpg

After some digging I found the screw holes. You have to peel back the interior carpet, just like GrouperJim said... there are SS Screws there that hold the frame to the PH's aft wall. So... I'll have one seat base and one seat. I'd love to trade for a pedestal seat and base. Megabyte, YHPM.
Megabyte":600ifg6a said:
PaulH / Emily S":600ifg6a said:

Yes indeed... please do!

I would like to have a pair of those seats to put in my boat to replace the pedistal seats.
My plan is to add Plano box racks facing to the rear for tackle storage, and leave the front facing hatches for small item storage.

Since I don't have a cabin door or bulkhead, getting them installed should not be a problem. 8)

Image-0B03138559B911DC.jpg

Sparky, As I mentioned earlier I'm interested in the cabinet and I Do have the Seat and post from my 2520XL. I sent you the PM with my email. So if you could email me.
Thanks,
Cheerios

Go for it Cheerios!
I'm not in a position to be able to do that project at the present time.

Well, after calling Eric, I got the scoop. There ARE screws on the inside, under the carpet, as GrouperJim had said.
Here's a diagram for those of you looking to remove the door.

Attachments

• parker PH_door_diagram.JPG
    parker PH_door_diagram.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 631
while we are on the subject of PH doors and frames............i have the 2320 door and frame setup which was removed shortly after taking delivery. can't think of any reason why anyone would need it. but i have it if interested. been thinking about cutting up the door to make something useful but have not though of anything yet.

I took the door frame out of my 2320 to get the pedistal storage unit out but my unit actually is in two pieces: It is available for pretty cheap if anyone wants it, Kevin. If not I'll hold it as long as the ADM says I can.

Back