How many of each size Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersey Jim

Reaction score
I've searched the threads and can't seem to pin down a statistic here. Has there ever been a survey on this board as to how many (or %) of members own the various length Parkers? I'm getting a gut feeling that 25 footers are the most common. I hardly notice any posts from 1801 owners, which is of particular interest to me at this point in my Parker ownership. I have seen some forum's with a "voting" feature that might pin down this type of information. What would be of particular use is knowing what member's have what type of boat's, without waiting the months it would take to read through all of these great posts and try to read between the lines to figure out who owns what boat. Any suggestions on how to create such a list?

Jim

Well i can tell you i have a 2120 Deep V Pilot House!!Well i must say that is a good idea what you brought up!!!

I also have a 2120 SC. It would be interesting to know how many of each model is served by ClassicParker. It is good that all Parker owners know quality :D

There has to be a better way then this!!!Maybe the modorator can help on this maybe they know

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this could be useful. The following suggestion may help the ideas evolve into something practical to achieve this. How about a separate "equipment" thread titled with each length. Then if a person is interested in contacting someone with say a 21', the the replies within that thread would reflect the amount of owners. Maybe just a brief line or three describing power, options, year, etc. It would be an "at-a-glance" list of who owns what. I just don't know who has similar boats like mine that I could ask particular questions to, or how many. Or even if considering a length or option upgrade, one could merely scan down the list of owners. It would also be nice to keep the threads all in one place so as to not search around for the various lengths. Like I said, just some ideas to get things evolving into something practical. Thanks for the positive responses.

Jim

Oh man look at jeresy jim go boy!!!WOW all that jeresy shore action kicking in like the Sand Bar in Brielle Lmao but all jokes aside i am in on your idea!!!

We actually tried this at one point. The plan was to build an owners database to do exactly what you are asking (with photos), but I don't think the admins were ever able to make it work the way they wanted it to, and it was very labor intensive to build that database.

FWIW, you are correct that the 25 SC models are the most represented model, probably because they have been built continuously since the 1980's.
The WA's are probably the least represented model that we have here.

Lots of 18, 21, and 23 CC models out there...

The least represented model of all is probably the (now discontinued) 2110 WA.

Kevin,

After a couple of tall ones, I remembered that we did try this a couple of years ago. CBIGMA or Porkchunker was it you who tried to put this together ?? It was a great goal to attempt !!

MegaByte, I sure could se how nice it would be to go for the gold with a master database. I'll settle for a thread of 1801 owners, no pics. For now I just want to know how many of my boat type are out there, with names attached. Sort of a crude "dumbed-down" database in thread form.

Jim

Jersey Jim":1bqwaru7 said:
I just don't know who has similar boats like mine that I could ask particular questions to
Hi Jim,

You would probably get better results just asking your particular question in the forum, rather than trying to target a specific individual to PM with your questions. By asking your question in the form of a thread in the open forum you not only have a better chance of finding your answer quickly, but you also create an archive of information for all the rest of us to use in the future. Each thread contributes valuable data to the ClassicParker Knowledgebase.

I think it would be great to compile the data you mentioned, a listing of all ClassicParker members and the specs on their current Parker rides. As Kevin and Mac mentioned, there have been early attempts at this. We will eventually develop a voluntary compilation of ClassicParker member models. In the meantime however, I believe your need for this information is largely already satisfied throughout this site. ClassicParker is chock-full of model-specific threads with CP members sharing model-specific information on equipment, performance and rigging.

We all know that the way we have generated such a large volume of model-specific data so far is someone will post a topic, such as “How fast is your 1801?” Current (and former) 1801 owners that have an experience (and willingness) to share will respond, and dialogue and data is generated in the open forum for all to review and comment. This process yields faster responses for the poster than searching through a list of owners of 1801 models and sending PMs to them individually and asking them questions about their boat.

By posting the question in the forum, you get enthusiastic participation and a wider spectrum of response. Also, many of our members have owned several model Parkers over the years, and just asking questions of current model owners individually may shortchange you of the wisdom of previous model owners.

Here’s a quick sampling of model-specific threads.

2520XLD
http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3060

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2162

21 SC
http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3042

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2759

23DVCC
http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2832

1801 How fast is your ride?
http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=687

Here’s some examples of 1801-specific topics we’ve already heard from ClassicParker membership on…..

Draining a fuel tank on an 1801
Correct prop on an 1801
1801 Trolling Motor
Center Console cover for 1801
Live Well on 1801
Front Seat Cover on 1801
Leaning Post for 1801
Fair Price for 1801
1801 Anchor choice
1801 Gas Tank Length/replacement
1801 Cushion covers
And the 1801 list goes on……

We’ll have a model listing eventually Jim, in the meantime, this site is one huge database that can be searched very effectively for specific topics related to specific models.

In addition, it’s haunted by some of the most knowledgeable, creative and helpful folks I have ever met.

..John

John, I fully intended to pose specific questions to the forum, as I have done in the past. I made no mention of intending to PM any member. However, I often do more reading here than posting, and the owner/equipment correlation I was proposing would have made the relevance more obvious to me if the equipment was known. I fully appreciate the public availability and value of the CP posts and was looking forward to contributing in a similar manner. Also, I am uniquely aware of my needs from this site and how they've been largely satisfied, based on my many hours of reading here in the past 7 months and in the manner that this vast knowledge is presented and available. I apologize if anyone interpreted my intent as anything more than initiating a thread or two based on a specific interest of mine. Based on the encouraging & enthusiastic responses, and participation in my thread, I was under the false impression that there was similar interest. You made several good points, of which some are not accurate from my perspective. However, point taken. Consider it dropped.

Jim

Jim,

I didn’t intend to stifle anyone’s enthusiasm, I just wanted to draw your attention to the way the model-specific threads have already largely answered your question, and the key to our success is keeping the forums active! Most of the data you seek is already in here, and could save you some time! :D

When SamR asked the question “1800 Owners, how fast is your ride?” it was like a ClassicParker roll call of 1800 owners with data to share! Jeffg, Quats54, Montcopo, mthomas, PDP, goinsfishin, and flydoc all responded with Engines, load, conditions etc….. just the data you are looking for! Now you know who owns some of the 1800 models and how they are powered. 8)

If you bumped that original thread up to the top again, you might find some new members who joined since that thread was originally created who now want to add their data too! :D In fact, you might encourage some lurkers with 1800s to join us to post their data! :wink:

We’ve got such a great group of members who love to talk Parkers. The ClassicParker Knowledgebase grows daily like one giant Parker Think-Tank. The dialogue out on the open forums is key, with all models represented, owners learning tricks and rigging tips that are model-independent, sharing ideas, reviewing each other’s experiences.

Thanks for being an active participant in the discussion forums Jim, we all learn from what you and the others have to contibute.

John

John, in retrospect, I may have added to the confusion with my misunderstanding/misuse of the term "thread". What I had meant, was to create a "topic" or two within an existing area. I can understand how the prospect of adding major threads, discussions, or whatever they are classified as, could ruffle a few feathers. I consider this board more informative than any manual one could purchase. As like any grouping of massive information, different users are going to want to sort the info in various ways for various reason, with those needs changing from time to time. No one sort process is suitable for all circumstances. I guess we've been spoiled with spreadsheets, reports, forms, etc. all configurable at our fingertips. Collections of first-rate user info like this site seem "to good to be true". It's something you just can't go out and buy. I consider this one of my favorite sites. I hope everyone keeps up the good work.

Jim

Dale and I have kicked around a few different ideas like this over the last couple of years.

Ideally, I wanted to have a simple way for users to be able to easily find other users with the same model of boat, engine, etc.. and be able to email and/or PM them with questions, etc.

I thought over the idea of creating a special forum, where each thread was specific to a certain model of boat. The idea was that everyone who had that model boat could post there. The problem was that I saw it easily going off-topic and becoming less useful as a way to get a quick list of who has what.

I also looked to see if there was an easy way to have a shared database or spreadsheet, etc. for users to enter their information and have it be searchable, etc.. but there weren't any pre-built options for the forum software that supported that, and I don't have the skills to create something from scratch.

What I just implemented is the following:

1) I added a field to the user profile for "Boat"

2) If you click on the "Profile" button at the top of the screen, you will see a new option to select your "Boat" from a drop-down list. Select the type of boat you have, then click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.

3) If you click on "Memberlist" at the top of the page, each member will now have an entry for their boat in a new column, and you have the option to sort the list on the boat type.

Now, I came up with the list of boats straight out of an older Parker catalog that I have, so I'm sure I missed one of the many models that have come and gone over the years, so send me a PM if you have a boat that is not listed.

Let me know what you think.. now go in and update your profiles!

-- Tom

Back