Hurricane Irene, East Coast Watch Thread

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing I hauled it! Boat ok, docks trashed at marina!

Mike's boat and mine boat did very well in the water for Irene, unfortunately Mike's house was flooded, he is in a hotel tonight, all rugs removed from the house, major cleanup tomorrow.

A little tough without power :evil:
I'm on my generator but the whole town is out, estimate is 7-10 days. :shock: Hope not.

Looks like this Parker survived at its dock in NC!! Hopefully we will hear good news and success stories from everyone up north. We were spared from another one here in FL.

Attachments

• IMG00223-20110828-1133.jpg
    IMG00223-20110828-1133.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 117
Our 2310 is fine just needs a powerwash. Our house on the otherhand will be out of power for quite a while. A tree went down on the last pole before my home an tore the lines off. 80,000 without power in Plymouth County alone . Im sure it will be some time before I see a truck up my way. At leqaswt we're all safe. Have a generator to run the essentials and plenty of ice so we should be fine. Going to have to go elswhere to watch the Sox crush the Yanks this week though! :D

ParkerJr":172uiikp said:
Looks like this Parker survived at its dock in NC!!

Woah!
I'd heard the storm blew the water out of the Pamleco, but that is the first photo I've seen.
Crazy!

Power just came on here.
Good thing too because my new generator blew a voltage regulator about 0100 this morning.
Needless to say, I've had very little sleep.

pulled mine last week & left her under the house in avon.
irene put a hurting on highway 12 north of rodanthe.
now i can't get back to see her.

no phones to call neighbors nearby

i miss my boat.

A few photos of the aftermath...

My entire property is covered in shredded leaves and tree branches.

web.jpg

One of my trees came down just nicking my neighbors house.
Only damage was a torn window screen.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Tree limb pile.

web.jpg

This tree came down on a house about 2 blocks from me.
Neighbors wife gives a bit of perspective as to the size of the tree.

web.jpg

Irene leaving...

web.jpg

Went to the boat today to un-do hurricane prep and get her ready to fish.

web.jpg

Just got my cable and internet back in Eastern NC...we took a beating in the lower areas of the state. My 21SE made it through with only leaves inside it. My shop on the other hand suffered a hit on the roof by a very large pecan limb and I will be replacing some roof after the adjuster gets here.

Back