I got a look at this at the CES show. EL Wire. Too Cool.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOut

Reaction score
This EL Wire is awesome...Low current and cooooooooool! I am going to be looking for places to put it on the MaxOut. You can get controllers that sequence, blink and change colors. You could even sew it into clothing. I wish I looked at this before I put the LED rope lights in :x

Check this site out-

http://www.elbestbuy.com/index.html

Attachments

• EL wire.gif
    EL wire.gif
    10 KB · Views: 596
I was going to add LED lights under my gunwales. Will these illuminate the cockpit like LEDs?

Lighting technology is advancing so fast, we can hardly keep up.
Here are my "old school" LED truck trailer marker lights under the washboards.

Image-BD87E64BDE0411D9.jpg

optimaxfish":m7nyz797 said:
TheOtherLine":m7nyz797 said:
Where are you going to put the fuzzy dice? :D

:lol: "Street Glow" maybe?

I think it has something to do w/having a Honda :lol:

hahaha... so very true. lets send him a 76ers trucker hat with the brim all flattened out too :lol: :wink:

in all seriousness though, it might be cool to illumninate switch panels, or the inside of the electronics box, etc.... lots of uses i could think of. thanks for sharing :D

Here is my new tow vehicle, yo!

:lol:

bodykit-honda-accord-9497-blitz-fb.jpg

(still trying to get a fart cannon on my outboard though :wink: 8) )

B-Faithful":215fn1p8 said:
I was going to add LED lights under my gunwales. Will these illuminate the cockpit like LEDs?

They seem to be as bright as my current LED’s and believe it or not cost less and draw less current.

When I installed the LED's under the gunnels I looped them into my storage compartments, rear station and inside the helm console. So at night all compartments are lit. I’m not sure I would use these in place of the LED’s there but would be cool inside the cabin for soft accent lighting at night.

Foggylink":mqxfmlrp said:
Very Cool ... Any other stand out products, I didn't make it to Vegas this year ? 8)

Allot of new 3-D technology for gamming and movies that is un-real. Panasonic had prototype 150" HD plasma and is offering a production model @ 103" with complete 3-D theater that is awesome for 50K. All the big names had there 1/3" thick OLED screens that are way better than any plasma or LCD. The other big thing is streaming HD video and sound through your AC wiring to and from all of your components (no wires). Samsung has incorporated wireless HD over WiFi to and from every media device they make cameras, cell phones, DVD, DTV receivers etc. Japan is pushing hard for a protocol to standardize the HD transmission and once agreed upon (not likely) hopefully all manufacturers will follow suit. In the very near future you will not have to do anything more that plug you devices in and use them no wires. There is way too much to list here but lots of other cool stuff coming soon....

B-Faithful":1zie8bnt said:
Here is my new tow vehicle, yo!

:lol:

bodykit-honda-accord-9497-blitz-fb.jpg

(still trying to get a fart cannon on my outboard though :wink: 8) )

Can you get that with a Powerstroke? :shock: :lol:

Back