I was on the 34 foot Parker today!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big Parker fan, having owned a 23 SE, and currently advising my son to buy a 21 SE as his 1st boat, but I must admit that price is something that would cause me concern. You can get a Judge 36 (custom built on the Chesapeake Bay) with a single 425hp Cummins diesel, for way less - like $100K less. I know its not trailerable, and many folks like OB maint versus inboard maint, and a 32kt top speed may not satisfy some owners, but my gosh - the quality is the same, the ability to build it the way you want it (versus minimal ability to customize the build) and the overall operation costs (2.5 - 2 mpg at 24-28kt cruise) have to make one think twice. To each their own, and I love Parkers, once again, but if that price is accurate, I got to think the boat won't be a huge sales success...

Not to mention that Judge puts A LOT of effort into their interiors and overall workability. I hate to keep harping on this, but for the LOVE............. :?

Yeah, you're right. EXCEPT that they are really the only two pilot house boats that you CAN COMPARE!

But......i guess there really isn't anything to compare afterall :lol:

Nice helm seat!!! OOOOOoooo and wood trim!!

Attachments

• 36CHES1_000.jpg
    36CHES1_000.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,119
  • 36HELM1.jpg
    36HELM1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,119
The nice thing about it.... especially for those of us talking about how we aren't going to spend money we don't have or won't use for a boat... is that there is in fact another choice out there on the market to talk about.

Someone out there will like it and buy it and be very happy with it. It will probably be a previous Parker owner who was very happy with lots of room to move up... just my guess.

Another thing to consider.... a boat with a "fine" interior finish is not the kind of boat I want to fish in with the people I fish with... we are much more at home in a "tough" interior like the 34 Parker (or my boat) that can easily be hosed down if needed.....

But I agree... If I were going to get a boat that size..... I'd like a diesel.

Another thing to consider.... a boat with a "fine" interior finish is not the kind of boat I want to fish in with the people I fish with... we are much more at home in a "tough" interior like the 34 Parker (or my boat) that can easily be hosed down if needed.....

Exactly, so why price it like those boats. I will also say many of the boats compared do have teak floors and finished walls, which to be honest are just as easy to clean then fiberglass floors and, especially, carpeted walls. I dooooooooooo hope they put an appropriate non skid in the cabin as i can't tell. I also truly hope they bail the cabin drainage overboard. by the looks of the amount of fittings outboard i think they may have.

optimaxfish":1096fmdb said:
commok":1096fmdb said:
. You can get a Judge 36 (custom built on the Chesapeake Bay) with a single 425hp Cummins diesel, for way less - like $100K less. I know its not trailerable, and many folks like OB maint versus inboard maint, and a 32kt top speed may not satisfy some owners, but my gosh - , the ...

I cannot imagine 2 boats any more different than a judge 36/single diesel and a 34 parker /2-350 obds. only thing they have in common is both have roofs.

No kidding...and while I don't know what Judges cost I highly doubt a 36 is 100K less than this boat. A quick glance at yachtworld showed 3 2003 (5-6 yr old) 34 Judges listed for 150-170K.

WebFrame2_1.jpg

this is what i would buy for that $[/img]

21pilothouse":2jm0recz said:
WebFrame2_1.jpg

this is what i would buy for that $[/img]

that thing is a SWEET ride. i agree, that would come before the parker, unfortunately. the helm deck is really well laid out, except for the storage under the bench seat being very difficult to access, and having a HUGE bracket that could concievably be difficult to fish around. but other than that, love it.

I would do something like this if I was going to breach the 300-400,000 territory. :lol:

Attachments

• miamib_35_044.jpg
    miamib_35_044.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 530
  • miamib_35_056.jpg
    miamib_35_056.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 530
lot thirstier than that little Reg battlewagon

You would be very surprised my friend. It is really not fair at this point to compare the Parker to the Calyber 35, but it is truly the boat I dream of. Twin common rail diesels with IPS drives. Fully custom to order so, you can imagine, the price would rocket. Pretty and simple though. :wink:

Not to harp or keep bringing the Judge up in this thread but I wanted to clarify a few things.

That 36 Blue Judge was Bill's personal boat for a year and was LOADED to the gills. He sold it as a demo boat for around $230k will full furuno electronics and Cummins diesel with DTS controls and trolling valve-- the boat was just loaded and georgous. I am not sure how many hours he had on it (not many though). New I would imagine the boat going in the mid 200's (list price for a well loaded boat is $275k - I am a printer and printed their price sheets). Of course the boat can be had for even less with less of a "yacht finish".

The boats compare in the sense that they are big pilothouses with similar layout but don't compare in the sense that Parker is a deep v and the Judge is a warped hull deadrise (sharp entry shallow transom deadrise). I am sure the Parker is geared more towards the offshore market while the Judge advertises itself to be the best built bay boat. Judge has their 34 and 42 hulls that are targeted towards the big offshore crowd and their layouts tend to differ from either the 36 Judge or the 34 Parker.

I will also say that You can now get the Judge with outboards twin zuke 300's as well as inboards. The Judge is mostly factory direct so that they tend to be more customizable but i am sure the Parker is too -- As with anything, it just requires money. I cannot imagine that 34 Parker to be stocked by a lot of dealers unless demand proves it to be a good seller. Therefore most, at least early on, will have to have the boat built upon order.

With all that said, I am a HUGE fan of Parkers as I almost bought one as my last boat. I think they are well built tough true fishing boats. Though being a NC built boat, they are a staple here on the Ches bay. However, I am also VERY excited to take delivery of a new Judge in a few weeks. The folks there, (like the people at Tristate Marine) are great to deal with. Both lines are great and serve their audiences well with their differences.

BTW Commok, Your 36 Judge is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
36KEN-DOCK1.jpg

For the price of this new 34 Parker I'de be in a 36 or 38 ft Northern Bay
(downeast) ALL DAY LONG !!!

Back