I was on the new 34 Parker today Hull #1.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Cramer

Reaction score
I sent a picture of the new 34 but haven't seen it posted? I have many more pictures to send. They let me on the boat and it is beautiful.
Powered by 2, 350 Yami's, bow thruster, 400 gal fuel tank, dual controls, transom door. This boat is going to hurt the ME, lobster boat type, Down East styled boat sales. Being it doesn't have a engine room Parker was able to put an extra queen size berth under the main cabin floor. Full size head w/shower, micro wave, small refrigerator, sink.

I was told that this beauty did 52 mph yesterday with a full load, 400 gal of gas. They feel it will top out at 55 mph with the twin 350's.

Base price as shown was $279,000.00.

This boat is going to hurt the ME, lobster boat type, Down East styled boat sales.

Doubtful. The 34 is a very nice boat but a DE and the 3420 are very different animals.

Was the boat in the water???

We'll see. When was the last time you were on the 3420? I've been shopping for a DE and found the 3420 to have more space in the cabin, engines are much quieter. We all know how great the Parker hull takes rough seas. No, I don't see a problem with the 3420 outselling the DE especially at the price they have for the 3420.

Almost forgot 52 mph?

Bryan A.":20fm2fwd said:
52 mph is nice but GPH??? It will cost you!

Exactly, That's why I say different animals,

I would love a new 34 but alas I am a lowely Teacher. :D

How far is that 400 gallons going to get you @ 52 MPH :shock: Do the math.

It's not about GPH it's about MPG. This boat will compare favorably to a similar sized DE from an economy standpoint, plus you get the speed and twin engine piece of mind.

Anyone who thinks DE's are the end all probably hasn't been on one. Most run poorly down sea, roll incessesantly, and are definately noisier than a four stroke powered outboard boat.

The DE would have an advantage in really bad weather. With a displacement hull your MPG would be a flatter curve with a broader economical cruise range than a planing hull which achieves good economy only when on plane or going very slowly.

Price wise, a similarly sized NEW DE with the amenities of this boat would cost more money to build, and you would likely wait about two years before you see one. A friend of mine has a new 31 in progress, it will be fully finished and come in around $300k !

I'm sure the Parker folks did their homework and will have a winner here, as they do with so many other models.

Do you guys actually think hey were looking to be in a competitve market with DE?? :? Two totally different boats and two totally different types of boaters!!!!

ive been saying this for years. :wink:

as you say the parker can be run offshore, quieter, roomier, faster. also way less maintaince. as for the fuel burn, slow down the Parker to the speed of DE (what 12k or so) and the fuel burn might just be similar.[/quote]

I run 18 kts, flat calm seas or 6-8 ft seas !
Like mentioned, 2 completely different boats !

Back