ICOM 504 squelch control

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flycatcher

Reaction score
The squelch control knob seems to have lost its sensitivty. It is either on or off....when off I get the typical static associated with having it off...when on I can only receive from boata that are close (1/2 mile) to me. There is no middle ground where I can eliminate static and still hear radio calls. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure there is a user fix for that.
Jim at BOE Marine might know of a place that will repair it. He is an Icom dealer.
Is it still under warranty?

You should be fine. I've owned 3 Icoms and had zero trouble.
Thinking of buying another one with a hailer so I can get rid of my electric horns.

I spoke with an ICOM tech and think I will be sending the radio in for repair over the winter...incidently I love this radio and would not hesitate to but another one...thanks for your comments......incidently I'm not sure that it is entirely ICOM's fault my wife just told me that my 2 year old grand daughter was "playing" with the knobs.....ooops!

Flycatcher":1qc6bo46 said:
I'm not sure that it is entirely ICOM's fault my wife just told me that my 2 year old grand daughter was "playing" with the knobs.....ooops!

It happens. :D

Back