Identify My 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back in December I purchased a 2005 Parker 2520. I tried to get as much information as I could at the time but the one thing I didn't ask was what model 2520 I purchased. Now I know its not an MV or an XL, but is it a Deep V or an SL? I posted pictures below and any help would be great. Once we identify what boat this is, can someone also give me what the factory specs are for this boat with a 250 Yamaha? Looking for efficiency and speed at various RPMs to know what I should be expecting as the previous owner replaced the original prop with a 4 blade low end torque prop which may have completely messed up my efficiency and speed numbers.

parker.jpgparker1.jpg

Beautiful boat, congratulations!

Sorry I can't supply specs or a definitive answer for your model, what I can tell you is that SL simply refers to Side Lounge. It sounded lame to me, I have a 2320 and it came with the SL stickers.

For many years I thought that was some special designation, but never quite did the research until one day by pure luck, found out it refers to that bench facing sideways as opposed to having 2 chairs (Captain and passenger) facing forward. Not sure what would be the deal on a 25, I've seen all kinds of variations on the port side, one or two chairs facing forward, 2 benches with a table in the middle, can't see on the photos what's yours.

That is a Deep Vee, 21-degree deadrise. You can tell by the two lifting strakes visible on the painted portion of the hull. Dead giveaway.

As far as I can tell, the “SL” distinction for the 2520s generally meant a boat with a port side bench seat (as opposed to pilot chairs and jump seats), a half-open bulkhead between the pilothouse and cabin with a curtain closure rather than a solid bulkhead with door, and I believe the engines are usually transom mounted rather than bracket mounted.

Based on that, you have a 2520, DV SL.

So I do have the Bench seat and half open entrance to the bulkhead as you can see in the picture below. The hull also has the two lifting strakes. When did Parker start designating SL as 16 degree deadrise? Maybe in 2005 they put SL cab on a DV hull? What I am really trying to figure out is what my deadrise is.

Parker 3.jpg

I believe SL is the transom type….open transom instead of a closed in stern and bracket …

This is a 2320 SL.
I added the ladder and structure for the cover, everything else came from the factory.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
Nice boat. Email Parker directly. They will come back with all kinds of cool information on your boat. They sent me the model, options the boat came with, wiring diagrams and the bulkhead layout. This communication was done about 6 months ago. They were very responsive.

Also, based on the double strakes, it looks like you have the DV.

[email protected]

So I do have the Bench seat and half open entrance to the bulkhead as you can see in the picture below. The hull also has the two lifting strakes. When did Parker start designating SL as 16 degree deadrise? Maybe in 2005 they put SL cab on a DV hull? What I am really trying to figure out is what my deadrise is.

View attachment 40200
Your boat looks identical to mine, which is a 2520SL with one exception, you have the x2 strakes as in DV and my boat is a MV…

You asked about Performance.

Wish you had better pix's of engine mounted, But looks like it is mounted all the way down? There are Performance gains from raising the engine to where....When it's on Plane in smooth water the Anticabation plate runs at or Just below the surface of the water. You adjust engine height First...... Then do a prop change to dial in the RPM.

Your boat is a 2520 SLD. A four blade prop is necessary with that boat being a deep V and heavy. Your boat is the same as my boat as mine except I have twin 150's. Fuel numbers will depend a lot on how much you load the boat but if I were to guess around 1.3-1.7 mpg. My boat is loaded heavy and I am around 1.4-1.8 depending on weather.

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back