In love with the 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamisjockey

Reaction score
I've been mentally stroking a very short list of boats from the safety of the internet, one of which being the Parker 2530. Finally saw one up close yesterday (couldn't get inside of it, though), and I must say its pushing its way back to the top.
My question is can this boat be set up with a genset and AC?

If anyone wants to post pictures of thier pimped up 2530's for me to drool over, feel free. I'd love to see storage, livewell and fishbox pics.

theyre amazing boats, ill tell you that :D. AC could be done, but is not really necessary to tell you the truth, the boat stays cool enough with just the shade and the windows open. im not sure about a genset. most guys just use one of the honda portables to a shorepower connect, theyre more compact and quiet enough to use on deck. anyway, you'll appreciate the extra storage and the creature comforts of the 2530, with the same Parker reliability. good luck whichever way you go! :)

Bryan A.":3w3bdbdf said:
I have had mine for a year now and love it!!!!
As Pelagic said there really is no room for a dedicated genset but the Honda portables are the way to go if you want one.

Have you checked out this thread yet??? :D :D

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 62&start=0

Yep I've seen that thread! Great pics.
Where is the livewell on your boat? Or do most people use the center deck mounted livewell stations?
Also another Q would be has anyone seen a transom bench seat on these?

Any other pics of these areas, storage, whatever would be good.

Wish i could have crawled around in that guys boat yesterday.....well I could have but he might of been pissed if he'd caught me....

I fish out of a 2520. When the guy that owns the boat bought it we were wonderinng about how warm the cabin got. Was never a problem as it always stayed cool inside. We see no need for any A/C for the 2520.

Where is the livewell on your boat? Or do most people use the center deck mounted livewell stations?

I only have a portable round livewell. Where are you located?? Sounds like SoCal with you livewell concerns. :D

You can order the seat from Parker but as has been discussed before you might be better off with a cooler because it performs double duty. The 2530 also has a little smaller cockpit and the seat in my opinion would take up too much space that would be better served with some fish storage or livewell duties. I like the extended cabin though because my serves as a family fun ship also. :D :D :D

An AC has been added to a pilothouse. One of the owners will post a correct link or a photo again.

I don't know of genset setups as the electrical demand is not giant even in this size pilothouse.

I won't say nobody did but it would use up precious cabin space and be hard to set up quiet. I also don't know of any that put one in a gas I/O engine room, and maybe someone did with a diesel though the open leftover bilge space is tight with the older diesel setups.

Dana

The issue of a "hot" pilot house was a deal killer for me. I did a lot of research on AC units, UNTIL, I went out for a ride in one, dead of summer, in florida.

I can honestly tell you that, with the windows open while running, you will NOT need AC. The circulating air and the SHADE from the sun IN a pilot house will keep you cooler than the guys on the CC's.

I bought the boat. No regrets about not having AC.

AC isn't a deal breaker for me, just a big curiosity item for me. I've got a wife and two spawn, so my boat will serve as a family funboat, too.

Bryan, I'm in VA.
I actually looked at some slick portable livewells.

thanks for the info. My short list is very short.

Back