Inboard Engine - Not Stern Drive

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings! New to the Forum, and a boat dealer in NH. However, we have a client with a Parker 2520 powered by an inboard Mercruiser 454 FWC, 330 horsepower. Does anyone have experience with this model? How balanced is it? Ride, performance, etc? We're trying to get a valuation, but NADA only lists stern drives. We'll send the HIN to Parker, and maybe they can enlighten us. Any experience you have with this model will be greatly appreciated! Thx, Buzz, Northeast Yachts, Portsmouth, NH. 603 433-3222 or [email protected]

That's an exceptionally rare boat. Can't say I've seen more than a handful with a true inboard. If you have any pictures that you could share I'm sure they'd be appreciated.

From a performance standpoint, they'll likely see some benefit from having the weight of the engine further forward. Cruise speed will likely be in the low-mid 20kt range, depending on the gearing of the transmission and the size of the prop. I'm guessing it's an early 90's hull, so she's potentially reaching the end of the service life of her tank/s, which could mean a replacement job in the near future.

Your best bet for a valuation would be to check out the listings for similar vintage 2520s with outboards, and I/Os if you can find them. My bet would be that your value would be in that ballpark; to some buyers the inboard engine will be a turn off, but for others it could be a huge selling point. Generally speaking, NADA values for Parkers in good condition trend to the low side.

Again, any pictures or further details you could share on this forum would help greatly.

First one I've ever seen. I wonder about the underpinning configuration?

Tunnel ?
Keel ?

Strut and shaft just out there in the breeze?

Back