info on new parker 23 pilotcabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beagleboy

Reaction score
I'm new to Paker boats. Looking to buy a new or used 23 pilot cabin. Can you tell me approx base cost of new boat w/traier? Should I get 225 or 250 hp? Whats with all the wood in transom and stringers, I thought most boats were going away from the wood? What are downsides to boat as far as construction, amenities, etcIf I buy what should I have deasler upgrade?

First, the wood issue info can be found on the FAQ on Parker's website. I have also found that the wood used in Parker boats is not only fully encapsulated, but also treated wood that is guaranteed for life never to rot. If Parker thought that there was a better,stronger,etc. material to use...they would use it. Also if you do a search on thehulltruth.com, you will find that the subject has been beat to death by people of all levels of intelligence.

As for price, it all depends on where you are in the country. New, you are looking at anywhere from 53,000 - 63,000. For a motor, I am going to order mine with the 250.

Good luck,
Dave

beagleboy said:
Should I get 225 or 250 hp? Whats with all the wood in transom and stringers, I thought most boats were going away from the wood?
quote]

Get all the HP you can find.

Yes, most INEXPENSIVE boats are getting away from wood. Too costly and labor intensive. Parkers are handbuilt in the North Carolina tradition. As above, check at www.Parkerboats.com "faqs" for a complete explanation.

We just paid about $60k for our new boat, motor (F225) and high end trailer. The 250 is the same motor with variable valve timing. Yamaha rep told me today it would add about 5 mph to the top end, but the main advantage seems to be more torque in the mid-range. With the 225 our 2320SC tops out at about 45 mph at 6100 RPM. Cruises at 32 mph at 4500 RPM. It's a beautifully designed and constructed boat.

andertonm":1dba77e9 said:
We just paid about $60k for our new boat, motor (F225) and high end trailer.

Andertonm, was that 60K out the door or is it 60K plus tax and doc? Thank you.

OT

Back