Insert rod holders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12Parker2320

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if anyone makes a more horizontal rod holder that drops into the flush mounted factory rod holders for a 2320? Not sure if I’m explaining this right or if they even exist but I could have swore i saw a post with a Parker that had them. They look like the drifting style rod holders and the base appeared to insert into the flush mounted hole

not sure if this is what you're looking for. Google...."Tony Maja E-Z outRodders". Unlike most competitor's, they're hinged to tilt to vertical to make it easier to remove the rod.

not sure if this is what you're looking for. Google...."Tony Maja E-Z outRodders". Unlike most competitor's, they're hinged to tilt to vertical to make it easier to remove the rod.
That’s not what I had seen but those would definitely work. They are a little more than I want to spend but they look nice. Thanks for posting, I wasn’t getting squat on all my searches

I got flush mounted rod holders and not looking for more at the moment. Looking for rod holders that insert into the flush mount hole with a rod holder that’s more horizontal, or more ideal for drift fishing if that makes sense. Similar to what R&R posted but looking for something a little cheaper. If not I’ll probably go with the ones he posted

Thanks all for the responses. I was able to find what I was looking for. I went with the ones I attached

Attachments

• 13F6209C-BA69-4D8B-AC5E-ED8A8A7AC09F.png
    13F6209C-BA69-4D8B-AC5E-ED8A8A7AC09F.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
Anyone know if anyone makes a more horizontal rod holder that drops into the flush mounted factory rod holders for a 2320? Not sure if I’m explaining this right or if they even exist but I could have swore i saw a post with a Parker that had them. They look like the drifting style rod holders and the base appeared to insert into the flush mounted hole
I have 4 of the thirty degrees ones
replaced with 0 degree ones n eed to romance the hole a little but direct fit
about 35 ish four years ago

Thanks all for the responses. I was able to find what I was looking for. I went with the ones I attached

Those are great bang for your buck to get a little spread on your drift without using planers or outriggers. I’ve had mine for a couple of years now without rusting.

Just be careful - they’re very easy to lift out of the flush-mount rod holder when you go to pull the rod out - especially if you’re in a rush to grab a rod with a fish on. I’ve had one end up in the drink for that reason...

Those are great bang for your buck to get a little spread on your drift without using planers or outriggers. I’ve had mine for a couple of years now without rusting.

Just be careful - they’re very easy to lift out of the flush-mount rod holder when you go to pull the rod out - especially if you’re in a rush to grab a rod with a fish on. I’ve had one end up in the drink for that reason...
I lost one of my first pair the first time we used them. Big fish on, trying to get the rod out of the outrodder, pulled it out of the boat rod holder....& they don't float! Mine extend a little below the permanent rod holders on my 1800, so I drilled them & always use an R-clip retainer pin to prevent pull out. In fact, I'm getting ready to do a similar mod for my adjustable Magma grill mount on the big boat.

Cap'n Dan

Good to know thanks

I lost one of my first pair the first time we used them. Big fish on, trying to get the rod out of the outrodder, pulled it out of the boat rod holder....& they don't float! Mine extend a little below the permanent rod holders on my 1800, so I drilled them & always use an R-clip retainer pin to prevent pull out. In fact, I'm getting ready to do a similar mod for my adjustable Magma grill mount on the big boat.

Cap'n Dan

What are you attaching the r clip to on the boat?

What are you attaching the r clip to on the boat?
I do not attach it to the boat. I simply drilled a hole through the portion of the outrodder that extends below my boat's rod holders. After inserting the outrodder in the rodholder, the r-clip goes through both walls of the pipe below the rodholder preventing it from being withdrawn. You need to have access to the bottom of your rod holders and the slots in the outrodder that engage the rod holder gimbal pin have to be deep enough so that it extends below the rod holder.

Cap'n Dan

I do not attach it to the boat. I simply drilled a hole through the portion of the outrodder that extends below my boat's rod holders. After inserting the outrodder in the rodholder, the r-clip goes through both walls of the pipe below the rodholder preventing it from being withdrawn. You need to have access to the bottom of your rod holders and the slots in the outrodder that engage the rod holder gimbal pin have to be deep enough so that it extends below the rod holder.

Cap'n Dan
Thanks that makes sense

I have a 2820 and Wahoo industries can construct anything you like. I have 14 rocket launchers on my boat !!
very reasonable price too!!

Back