Inside Throttle Mount and Cable for 2nd Station

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07vtgt

Reaction score
I have searched and read all the topics I could on the 2nd stations. I am in the process of installing a second station on a 2008 2120. I am interested in if anyone has any pictures of the way Parker drills through the bulkhead and runs the hoses and control cables. I am also interested in pictures of how you all mounted the interior Morse Twin SR Controls. I am trying to decide if I want to build a starboard box for it or try and make one out of fiberglass that will match and blend with the console. I currently have the box mounted to the bulkhead and have cut the holes for the controls and helm in the box and wet them out with epoxy. Next day or two I should have everything mounted so I can measure for new cables and hoses. Then it will just be the inside control mount along with key and trim switches. Thanks to Ranger Tim I was able to get everything needed for this minus cables and hoses. I had been looking without much luck for a while now.

Mine is a 25 rather than a 21, but maybe you'll get some ideas from my photos.

The Morse control at the helm was mounted on a piece of black starboard.

web.jpg

web.jpg

and my rear station is free standing... which probably doesn't help you much because I think you are doing a bulkhead mount.

web.jpg

web.jpg

All cables on mine travel under the starboard side washboard, and are hidden from view.
I sourced all of the parts, but the installation was done by my local Parker dealer.

web.jpg

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I have seen your boat a lot and really like it. The inside console in the 25 is laid out a little better for setting up the dual station. On the 21 and 23 the control is mounted to the cabin wall. The stock control bolts through the side so I am trying to figure out what kind of box to build since the SR controls mount down from the top.

Thanks again.
Ryan

Those are very helpful. Thanks. The box looks good. I think I will have to try and build something like that. How thick of starboard was used for that? The only other picture I would really like to see if you had a chance to get one for me is behind the captain's seat where the control cables and hoses come into the cabin. How is that finished and drilled through the bulkhead. Thanks again for the assistance. It is what makes the forum so great.

Ryan

Ryan
He used 1/2 " starboard for the controll box. I will try to get you pictures of the conduit that he used for cables and hoses this weekend.

Steve. Passing Thru 2120

Thanks for that Steve. One last thing. I measured tonight and got that the cables should be 21' for bulkhead station to motor, 8' from bulkhead to helm, and 10' hydraulic hoses. Any chance you got receipts showing what was used when your boat was done or any chance you can see the numbers on the cables or hoses? I am thinking about ordering tonight or tomorrow so that I may be able to finish this project up for the weekend. It was 85 here in the Virginia Beach area today. Almost boating season again.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Ryan
I am sorry that I cant get you those lengths right away, my boat is getting some work done at the dealership this week . I should have it back on Wednesday.
Steve. Passing Thru

Back