Install Kicker motor 2320SL Armstrong bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy fellas, Well i decided to go with the 20 EFI Suzuki. Have it here and ready to install. So i bought the kicker motor bracket and when i went to install motor on bracket, the 2 ea top engine mounting screws bottom out before they even touch the bracket., I am wondering what you guys used for a spacer? Needs to be 1 1/2 to 2". Any thought's besides wood which is a very bad idea, Please advise and thanks
I bought a piece of 1.5" starboard and used it as the spacer.

Attachments

• PXL_20240326_005140545.jpg
    PXL_20240326_005140545.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240326_005146634.jpg
    PXL_20240326_005146634.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240326_005211230.jpg
    PXL_20240326_005211230.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
In the pix below....You will see a nylon sleeve in the hole. The hole in the nylon is sized for the bolt. A nylon flat washer is placed under the Stainless flat washer. The bolt is then coated with Tef Gel also. All of this is done to isolate the Stainless from the alum. To not do this, within 1 year you will see corrosion and the powdercoating on you bracket will look like crap as it will be flaking off.

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/tef-...MI7ZuZ2OGRhQMV5gizAB0sVA3rEAAYASAAEgJtRvD_BwE

Attachments

• 100_5733.JPG
    100_5733.JPG
    477 KB · Views: 0
In the pix below....You will see a nylon sleeve in the hole. The hole in the nylon is sized for the bolt. A nylon flat washer is placed under the Stainless flat washer. The bolt is then coated with Tef Gel also. All of this is done to isolate the Stainless from the alum. To not do this, within 1 year you will see corrosion and the powdercoating on you bracket will look like crap as it will be flaking off.

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/tef-...MI7ZuZ2OGRhQMV5gizAB0sVA3rEAAYASAAEgJtRvD_BwE
To piggy-back on Warthogs suggestion. I had removed all of the s/s screws in the front windows (Diamond Sea-Glaze) of our 2520, and installed nylon washers under all of the the screws before re-installing. I also used Fluid Film on the screws to add some extra protection where the screw-part meets the aluminum. I did not know about Tef-Gel at the time. I later learned about Tef-Gel from Warthog, and have since used Tuf-Gel for other such projects...... By the way, the windows on our 2013/2014 2520 look like new after nearly 10 years. There is no corrosion.... Edit: I'm not implying that all corrosion on boat windows is due to the use of dissimilar metals; I also keep MDR Metal-Wax (no longer available to purchase; but I have a 10 year supply on hand) on all the surfaces of the windows; inside and out. Of course salt water left on unprotected aluminum will corrode it

Last edited:
Back