installed "EZ ANCHOR PULLER"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you mount the 1/4 inch angle under the decking as a backup plate/washers?

yes under,,two pieces of angle bolted together in what you could call a "Z" and the puller sits on the bottom one,,if your going to do this pm me and ill give you my # and i can tell you in detail,,,

Every time this subject pops up I get interested in the project.....getting too old to get out on the deck an play with pulling up an anchor
for those with some experience with this product......can I ask a few questions?????

Usage on the northern Chesapeake Bay for a 2520.....would u use the #8 or #10 model.....if u went with the #8 u would then use 3/8" anchor line?? is this an OK setup on the 2520?
can I assume correctly that installation would be no more than removing the forward hatch cover and bolting this unit down to the deck with a substantial enough backing plate. Of course then wiring as needed...
is the forward bow area on the 2520 flat or level enough to allow u to just bolt it down?

from what I can see if u use a delta type anchor, u really can't pull it up tight against the roller or the next time u want to drop it, it won't fall off the pulpit....is this correct? Looks as if the anchor has to hang loose

has anyone posted pictures of an install on a 2520, especially pictures inside the cabin?

Thanks for the help and advice

Steve

Steve... from a previous post.

beardog629":3uqo7ryc said:
i have the model #10, im very happy with it and yes i would choose this model again, if your going to use 1/2 inch it holds 275 feet , it will hold 475 feet of 3/8, if you want more go with the next size up, i installed it myself, its a fairly simple job,,

For the upper Bay... and if you are using 3/8" rode, I would think the #8 would be the right size for you.

Thanks Kevin for the advice.......has anyone seen the current pricing on these units (they are not posted on the website).......heard that the original fellow passed away and now the new owner has jacked this pricing up substantially. Latest info was a #10 goes for about $2400........if I remember correctly that's about $500 more than about a year ago......wow!

at this new pricing it may be a project that gets shelved......

evetsmd":3pqr8ckz said:
Thanks Kevin for the advice.......has anyone seen the current pricing on these units (they are not posted on the website).......heard that the original fellow passed away and now the new owner has jacked this pricing up substantially. Latest info was a #10 goes for about $2400........if I remember correctly that's about $500 more than about a year ago......wow!

at this new pricing it may be a project that gets shelved......

Steve... Talk with Jim Maier over at BOE Marine in Stevensville.
1-866-735-5926
I'd bet he could get you a great price, and install it too.

If you're not on the bow, how does the line get layed so neatly on the drum? No heaping and binding? thanks

I was considering installing one on my 2120 a few months ago. I called the number shown on the website. A woman answered, I think I woke her up? She said she would send me a dvd showing the unit on the boat and a video with sound of it in use. It took a month to get the video. It was poorly made on a windy day. The wind blowing was about all I could here. Video was poor also. The website showed 2 locations..but there is not but one,the other has been shut down.I made a point of finding one on a boat and watched it work. The unit is Very Heavy It is quite noisy, and is power out and in. Far to much weight for my 2120. So I installed a Lewmar Profish 700 Free Fall. I ordered the winch w/kit. Included most everything I needed,for half the price. This winch is light weight, Free Fall is the way to go if you fish any reef sites. It has worked flawlessly and been a great asset to our fishing season. Used 1/2" 8 plait line. Save yourself money and alot less added weight on the bow of your boat and go with a Lewmar. JMO

I called and sent in a request for information on their web site and it took over a week to get an answer back. The $2400 is an accurate price. That twice as much as a Profish would cost installed.. I am also concerned if I order one how long it will take to be shipped if you have to wait over a week just to get information.

Latest posts

Back