Installed Fin-Addict tackle box and more

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryM

Reaction score
I took a three day weekend and spent it working on my 23 SE. Not as fun as using it, but it sure does beat being in the office. I added a Fin-Addict Marine built in tackle box to the port side of the console. It holds four Plano trays and because Fin-Addict makes parts for Parker they were able to match the color perfectly (fish white as they call it). If anyone is looking for something similar I highly recommend Fin-Addict, Brown and his wife Angie were awesome to work with and the quality is top notch. I also added a Dive N Dog swim ladder, so I can take the family swimming (boat came without a ladder) and a drop in horn with push button, all shown in the pics below (horn button is just above trim tab controls).

The final project I did is in the tackle box pic, but you hopefully can not see it. I patched two dozen holes in the console. When the previous owner had the T-top installed the installer removed the hand rail and antenna mount from the console and filled the holes they left with bolts and washers. I removed the bolts, filled with Formula 27 and gel coated over with gel coat the factory shipped to my house. It was my first gel coat repair ever and I learned everything about doing from the archives here. Thanks for the site guys, it’s been a major help.

I also added some pics of a footrest I installed a couple of months ago, which I got through my dealer along with the backing plates. I liked the OEM footrest more than others I’ve looked at. Rather than removing the livewell to get the backing plate on I installed an access hatch on the starboard side of the livewell that matches the existing hatch on the port side. With a hatch on each side I had enough room to get the backing plates in correctly without the need of pulling the livewell. To match the hatch I pulled the existing hatch lid off and used the part number on the back of it to find one online for less than $10.

Next project, catch some cobia and Spanish mackerel.

Thanks for all the help,
Gary

Attachments

• closed console.JPG
    closed console.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,255
  • open console.JPG
    open console.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,255
  • ladder down.JPG
    ladder down.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,255
  • footrest down.JPG
    footrest down.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,255
  • footrest backing plate.JPG
    footrest backing plate.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,255
Good Stuff Gary 8) Definitely some "quality of life" upgrades there.

Let's see.....one weekend at the start of the season to make your life easier and more comfortable every time you go out......not a bad swap!

Looks good!

I had a footrest just like that on my 23DVCC and removed it after getting tired of whacking my ankles/shins on the fixture when it was folded up. Hopefully you're not as careless as I was!

I love my footrest on my 23Se. But, yes, do be careful as it tends to really put a hurting on the ankles (and right in the worst spot too)./

Looks great! I had Brown put it in sliding drawers in the side of my 2100 console. He also fabricated me a custom knife/plier/beer/boga holder that mounts to my leaning post.

He does fantastic work.

Now go chase some Cobia's - they're thick off Shackleford! :wink:

ryanc2":5ma9i46o said:
Looks great! I had Brown put it in sliding drawers in the side of my 2100 console. He also fabricated me a custom knife/plier/beer/boga holder that mounts to my leaning post.

He does fantastic work.

Now go chase some Cobia's - they're thick off Shackleford! :wink:
Can you post a picture of that tool/beer holder?

Gary,

Nice installs. I have a question about the tackle box. Have you pulled the boat to the ramp and opened the tackle door and the tackle boxes jump/fall out at you?

My factory boxes bounce around inside and jump out at me when I open the door to get the drain plug out :shock:

Are you boxes/trays angled to prevent them from jumping/falling out?

thanks and enjoy the additions.

Brown does do very nice work... :) Just takes a while to get it done... :(

Attachments

• Tackle station 2 (Small).jpg
    Tackle station 2 (Small).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 995
Thanks for the compliments guys. I’ve had the footrest in for a little while and I know what you mean about watching your ankles, but I love it. I got tired of my feet dangling or having them up high on the livewell.

Ryanc2, that knife/plier/beer/boga holder is awesome! I may need to get me one of those. Mind if I ask how much Brown charged for it? I paid $145 for the tackle box.

DougP, excellent question about the trays moving. The trays are level, not angled. I just installed the box and have not had a chance to take the boat out, so I do not know if there will be a problem with them sliding around. However, the trays fit in pretty snug and you can see in the second pic that there is a piece of starboard on the door to hold the trays in place and at the back of the box so I feel good about it, but will post after my next trip. Unfortunately, I have a wedding to attend and my anniversary is this weekend, so I’m not going back out until the 21st when I take Dad out cobia fishing for two days. Maybe pick up a few Spanish as well.

I had no problem at all in my 23 SE. Below is a pic of inside the console. As FishFactory said, Fin-Addict will make anything you want.

The picture does make me think cleaning up the wiring should be next, but that can wait until winter.

Attachments

• inside console.jpg
    inside console.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 890
GaryM":2pdjofj6 said:
Ryanc2, that knife/plier/beer/boga holder is awesome! I may need to get me one of those. Mind if I ask how much Brown charged for it? I paid $145 for the tackle box.

Honestly, I don't really remember. He did several things for me at once. It was pretty minimal though and well worth it. It was custom fit and probably cost around $80. I spent about a couple of hours at his shop one day and we just started talking about how to store various things and he pretty much dreamed that up. It was pretty amazing.

Back