installing livewell

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billfish73

Reaction score
I am installing a custom livewell/tackle cabinet in my parker 28. When I went to cut out the deck to run the hoses i ran into feature i haven't seen before glassed to the underside of the deck their was a fiberglass pan under the real deck. Does anyone know what this is and why it is their?

Attachments

• 2photo.JPG
    2photo.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 328
I would bet that a call to the factory with your HIN would shed some light.

billfish73":2iiulv5j said:
seems like I have a unique boat!

Doubtfull.

Its probably some sort of stiffener to reinforce the unsupported deck over the fuel tank or between the stringers.

Your picture is a little tough to decipher, buy do you think it is fiberglass, or does it have a core to it?

Billfish73,

I believe it's for support as well. if you look in the aft center hatch, stick your head in and look forward underneath the deck. You will see it's like a U shape channel that runs forward. I thought it was a cable run, but it seems to stop at the door bulkhead. If you find out anything please post.

its definitely not a cable run because its sealed all the way around and it is definitely glass i know because i cut part of it out to run the hoses for the live well and as far as it adding strength to the floor it is pretty flimsy, they would have been better to glass support directly to the underside of the deck

Surface Interval":17j1iten said:
The mystery continues... :roll: , :shock: , 8) , :?:

Give the factory a call. They have always been helpful in the past for questions such as this.

252-728-5621

Back