Installing solar panel to charge trolling motor battery

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calbears

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just purchased the terrova 82'' shaft online and still waiting, checked with trolling motor doctor and the next available date is mid July. Does anyone have any recommendation on installers? My boat is on the slip (cabrillo) but prefer to use solar panel to charge the charger/battery for trolling motor. Does anyone have experience with either? The boat is a 2016 2320 SL. Thanks in advance!!

If anyone is experienced and interested for a paid project, please let me know, thanks!!

I installed 2 100 watt panels and a controller on my 2520XLD to keep my house battery charged and my fridge running.IMG_1397.jpegIMG_1406.jpeg

The two long black things inline in the first picture are the fuses. The controller has three charging rates which it automatically switches through as the battery tops off. The ACR also connects the house to the #2 start battery so when the house is fully charged the ACR connects to keep the it fully charged. When running the engines the ACR will allow the engine to charge the house also when the start battery is fully charged.

Back