Intro to working with Fiberglass ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelTimeCapt

Reaction score
Folks - I have a medium size project and am looking for a good reference as a starting point to working with fiberglass. I'm looking at build a quality baitwell and splashgard that matches in style and looks for 2310.

Can anyone recommend a book, website or anything else as reference?

Thank you and Best Regards,
Fletcher <><

Tara11 - Thank you. That's a good starting point. I want to do it right and there's a local top fabricator in my area that also works with glass. I will probably talk with them first and get a quote as a data point.

Thanks again, Fletcher

Greetings:

A couple of years ago I replaced the port side pedestal chair in my 2520 with a tackle cabinet/console/seat. The console was a Parker option and purchased through my Parker dealer; it sits atop a platform that I built of fiberglass in order to raise the console from the cockpit floor to the level of the "working deck". The reference book that I found so helpful is a West System publication, Number 002-550, entitled Fiberglass Boat Repair & Maintenance. It's published by Gougeon Brothers, Inc., P.O. Box 908, Bay City, MI 48707-0908, (989) 684-1374, www.westsystem.com

It is a super-easy guide to all kinds of fiberglass issues and (at the time) cost only about $3.00

Good Luck

Dan

Latest posts

Back