Is Livewell insulated on 23se?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labarca1

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is the Livewell insulated on the new 23se? I am taking delivery if one shortly. I would like to use the Livewell for ice/drinks as I don’t regularly use the Livewell fishing in NJ. I’m upgrading from a 1801 and on that boat loved having the yeti under the leaning post.

Thanks
Matt

If the livewell is like on my 23DV, then no. In fact, in order to use it for any type of storage you need to be sure to shut the thru hull valve or it can fill with water just by running.

I have a 21 se...live well is not insulated...I use it for storage as well
What do you all store in the live well? Via condensation and rain-water leaking around the edge of the plexiglass lid, there always seems to be some water in ours; I'm constantly drying, and cleaning it... I can't store anything in there that needs to stay dry.... I have used it for a drink-cooler on occasion. It IS insulated, and holds ice well, as long as we keep a wet towel over the lid to keep the sun out. Have you all figured out a way to seal it?

Last edited:
If the livewell is like on my 23DV, then no. In fact, in order to use it for any type of storage you need to be sure to shut the thru hull valve or it can fill with water just by running.
You can leave your thru hull opened so you can use the raw water wash down. Just turn off the spigot in the livewell to prevent any flow underway.

Back