? IS THE FUEL CAPACITY OF 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidcochiese

Reaction score
Question Classic Parker Nation ?
Does anyone know if Parker puts a smaller tank in some of the 2120 Pilots. I know (from reading some specs) that they have a 100 gal tank. But I filled up my empty tank with only 50 gals. Is that possible??? I bought the boat used (on Classic Parker ? JC )

Raising this question because I had 4 bars on my fuel gauge, made a 30 mile run, and ran out of fuel. Needless to say that F'd up my engine. The fuel pump seemed to have fried.

JC if ur out there ???

Any help would be appreciated... Kid.

My '03 has a 100 gallon tank. We installed a Navman fuel computer 1st thing. That said, I pay more attention to what the fuel computer indicates than the bars on the fuel gauge. Consider installing a fuel computer if you don't have one.

Well i have am 05 and it holds 100 gallons of gas and i must say its really good on gas as well!!!

I'm with Mokee... I don't even bother watching the 'bars' on the Yamaha guage.
I watch my Navman 2100 fuel computer. It tells me fuel used, fuel remaining, and gph being burned.
Much more useful than a fuel level guage.

So you fueled up from empty after running out, and it only took 50 gallons :?:
Very odd...

Kid….2120’s have a 100-gal tank.

The way Parker Vents their tank is not without issues. As the gas pump is putting fuel into the tank an air pocket is formed in the fill neck between the tank and gas nozzle. The Vent’s design, and or placement, does not allow for the residual pressure from the fill to escape. The fuel backs up, it shuts off the fill nozzle, and gives the illusion of a full tank. My guess when you were fueling your boat with the gas nozzle fully inserted the air pocket switched off the fill nozzle before the tank was full. Parker's tanks must be filled at an extremely slow rate.

Why the pump failed when you ran out of gas is a mystery.

On my boat I’m having the same issues. However, I’m also experiencing a problem with the tank burping fuel through the Vent. Once again it brings up the Vent placement question.

By the way..... don't get your face close to the Vent when fueling. On every fill up, the air pocket has caused fuel to spray through the Vent. I carry a "NO Spill" container and attach it to the hull covering the vent. At minimum Parker should issue a cover for the Vent aiming the gas spray downward. Being blinded by a face full of fuel would not be taken lightly. This is leading to serious safety issues that Parker must address.

Hey JC you bring up a very very good point on that vent issue you seen very smart on it and if were you i would write a nice letter to Robin Parker and maybe they will address it before a serious injury or problem happens!!!

Thanks guys !
JC, I think you're right. I may have fueled too fast. But when it shut off I looked at the fuel gauge and it looked full.
The boat is on the trailer now so I'll bring it back to the gas station and attempt to fill her up..
The boat runs great, and I'm very pleased with her. You really did your homework setting her up. The 4208 is unreal, I can't say enough good things about it. The sounder and plotter are great, and the radar saved our ass the other day...
The only thing I have no clue how to use the auto pilot.. any pointers??

JC : What kind of boat did you wind up buying ???? Kid

Again, Thanks all for your input.. Love this site !!!

JC & Classic Parker, I had a big "burping" problem to. It took me forever to add an additional 25 gals to the existing 50 gals.. It just kept spitting out fuel through the vent, so I didn't even top off... A Parker flaw????

I rarely ever have issues with the fueling of my 2120 - Excepting an occasional blast of fuel from the vent when full. When fueling I merely listen carefully to the vent and hear the sound of air rushing out. When it begins to gurgle slightly it's full. Occasionally I must gauge the speed of fuel delivery from the nozzle to an optimum rate to avoid any backup. I usually fuel the boat on dry land and that makes it easy to stand next to the vent monitoring the process. Rarely ever take on fuel while in the water.

Oh yeah, definitely 100 gallons and don't believe the Yamaha gauge. Trust your mileage figures and time spent running. Always record how much you put in and whether it was full. I've got to get one of those fuel sensors soon.

My first post in a long time. Been off the water too long doing the day gig. Must get back out soon.

Back