It's Official "Boaters World" is going out

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOut

Reaction score
Was in Annapolis yesterday and a huge sign on the building "Going Out Of Business"

See Here-

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/ma ... -business/

It's a shame but it looks like the high cost of fuel last summer put the final nail in the coffin. Wonder where the MSSA sign ups will be now???

On The Bright Side-
Looks like some good deals will be had just in time for spring.

BTDT":psrwbg3m said:
No bail outs in the real world.

AMEN!!!! I HATE TO SEE THEM GO BUT THIS IS THE PRICE WE PAY FOR OPEC CONTROLLING OUR ECONOMY.

THATS A WHOLE DIFFERENT SUBJECT. :lol:

Now im stuck with West Marine :cry: Overpriced yuppie boating center. They cater to sail boaters Not for the fisherman.

You have access to the internet....you aren't stuck with anyone....

I remember telling my kids... when I was your age (in their 20's), there was no internet....***

I know some of you can relate... Doesn't that sound wierd ??

*** Cuz Mr. Gore hadn't discovered it yet.... :roll:

TheOtherLine":3l9axksk said:
when I was your age (in their 20's), there was no internet....***
I know some of you can relate...

I can relate. I was one of the early users. 8)

10-30% off in local store - mostly 10%. Manager and Asst quit this morning so they are now short staffed. Said they would be closing doors in 10-14 weeks. A lot of traffic but the shelves were still pretty full.

I stopped in yesterday and Boy what a change. Boaters World emplyees GONE! Liquidation company does not know anything. Prices are marked up to FULL and then you get 10-30% Wait untill the end and some good deals may be had.

On the other note- I Love and embrace the internet but for high $$ electronics I still prefer personal service and DOA return abillity without having to pay shipping and wait for a new one. There is no substitute for good personal one on one personal service with products you can get you hands on. I for one am really going to miss Boaters World!! :cry:

maxout":1ftrq4di said:
I Love and embrace the internet but for high $$ electronics I still prefer personal service and DOA return abillity without having to pay shipping and wait for a new one.

Then you should be doing business with Jim & Beth at BOE Marine! :D :D :D

I called the Boaters World I use here in NY and they are closing 06/31/09... I figure sometime in May I'll run down to them and see whats on sale.

Mine didn't know when they were closing but he said check back in about 3 weeks and things will be a lot cheaper.

Man, I'm crushed! There is a Boater's World and BassPro within a few miles of me. I usually go to both to price shop. There is also a West Marine in the same area. I don't go there because eventhough the personnel are friendly, thier prices are high and they seem to have very little to offer for fishing merchandise. I hope the local BassPro will step up with their boating merchandise to make up for the loss.

TheOtherLine":vyet095h said:
maxout":vyet095h said:
I Love and embrace the internet but for high $$ electronics I still prefer personal service and DOA return abillity without having to pay shipping and wait for a new one.

Amen... Local to Maryland folks too!

B-Faithful":1pzq35hc said:
TheOtherLine":1pzq35hc said:
maxout":1pzq35hc said:

Amen... Local to Maryland folks too!

Just so the locals know... The storefront presently located at 1st Street in Eastport will be moving soon to a new facility being built on Kent Island right next to Route 50.

The new place will have a marine supplies and electronics store, but it will also have several maintenance bays where minor motor maintenance can be performed. The new place will also have facilities where your marine electronics can be installed as well.

Next time I'm over that way, I'll try to get photographs of the new 'complex'. :)

Back