JUST A LITTLE OVERHAUL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlanticbeach

Reaction score
New:
Ice Blue Awlgrip
Fuel Tank
Wiring
Custom T Top and Radio Box (Upper and Lower with flush mounts my son and I did)
Custom Switches
4 Gallon Water tank
Batteries in Console
Leaning Post Custom designed by us and will be in soon
Hydraulic Jackplate
Bennett Trim Tabs
All new custom Polyboard with custom door cuts by us. We took a Parker console blank and did all of it ourselves
Custom Rub Rail
All Accon Pull up Cleats and Pop Up LED Bow light

We did all new gelcoat in the floor with a slight Ice Blue spatter. We will have custom trim for the gunwales and new rod holders coming as well. The only screws in the floor are on the T Top and the Leaning Post. Console is thru bolted to new floor and all holes sealed with CPES and Epoxy before final fit. No holes in bilge. Notice my wires for LED lights on transom are attached with adhesive pads. I hate people that put screws in boats..........All switches have their own individual ground and all is labeled or will be. Canvas will be Parchment with Black 4 foot Galaxy antenna. Fold down stainless and Fiberglass Mast light on top of T Top. Radio box is awlgripped to match the hull.

Not in picture but Suzy DF 140 is awl gripped on the cowling and lower covers in Ice Blue Awlgrip to match the hull.

LED lights all around gunwale and overhead on T Top.

It has been a fun year of work with my son and we will launch soon and then begin to work on the 21 DEEP VEE Parker awlgripped Yellow for him. (It may take longer as he has one more year in college.) It has a custom console (from a Silverhawk that was new and never used and we adapted for our use with custom wood coring inside for strength) with a door up front. We have done more special things on this boat like a step down in the hull inside the console that will house the fresh water tank and hopefully a potty. T Top will be attached on the console and this boat will have no fasteners in the floor at all. Console held down with 4 inch fiberglass angle braces glassed and epoxied to the floor and the entire boat has been awlgripped inside and out with new non skid to boot.

It will be a Parker outside but all different on the inside. The console is sweet looking and is more Euro look than Linwood's boxy old style console. (No offense intended Linwood)

Stay tuned for updates.

Attachments

• DSC_0313.JPG
    DSC_0313.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0314.JPG
    DSC_0314.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC_0315.JPG
    DSC_0315.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0316.JPG
    DSC_0316.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0317.JPG
    DSC_0317.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0318.JPG
    DSC_0318.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 198
As I told Jim, I think the most fun for me has been doing it with my son and customizing everything as we went. As the project progressed, he got more and more involved to the point that his ideas were usually better than mine and his skills at wiring, fiberglassing, epoxy work, gel coat and all the rest of the skills needed have just blossomed to the point that he was the reason it turned out so good.

We are excited to ramp up the next one in between his last year of college and when he has to go out in the real world next year. The 21 Deep V is going to trump this 18 with all the design and interior changes we have started and will continue to work on but with less time as his Senior year is just around the corner. For now, we will enjoy the summer and hopefully go use the boat and catch some fish.

The memories will be the best part of it for me.

atlanticbeach":3a26ayzk said:
The memories will be the best part of it for me.

As a father, I really appreciate this thought.

'Nice job' to both of you :D

Thanks for the comments guys. Life is good when you can create something with your son and then go enjoy it with the whole family.

The Viper is not being made any longer as Gary Ross is trying to sell his molds. He made the 17 and 21 but I think health issues forced him to close it out. I sold the 21 to a guy in Virginia and have just sold my 17 to my cousin so it at least stays in the family.

And just so you all know that we are really crazy, my son and I bought a 2002 1801 with a F115 Yamaha and we have done a mini custom on it with respect to rigging and wiring and such. New deck plates, hatches, and a new access door on the Console just like the ones we used on the 1800 overhaul. We are going to Awlgrip it Sky Blue and use it for the summer and then put her up for sale. It is in great shape with only 166 hours.

Back