Just bought a 2006 2320!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsearles

Reaction score
Hi ,
I just bought a 2006 2320 w/yamaha 200 Saltwater series outboard. Last weekend I put the boat in the water at MacKenzie's Landing Marina in Amesbury, MA on the Merrimac River, its just before Newburyport harbor. I will post some pictures soon. We don't have a name for her yet but we're working on it.

I have lots of questions, the first of which is "Can I get a 'Owners Manual' for the boat somewhere"? I have searched online and cannot find one anywhere.

Also, the boat has trim tabs but since there are no indicators I have no idea what position they are in other than "all the way down" or "all the way up", is it possible to have trim tab indicators added ? How much would the cost?

Thanks in advance, David

Welcome aboard David!

As for the owners manual... we tend to think of CP as the online Parker owners manual.
Pretty much anything you can think of has probably been discussed (with photos) here at one time before.

Trim tab indicators... Yes, you can buy them, but they really are not absolute, more approximate than anything.

In use, start with the tabs all the way up.
As you throttle up and the bow rises, give the tabs a burst of a few seconds. Resist the urge to 'over tab' and wait for the boat to react and 'settle'.
Read this... it might say it better than I can. http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/guidetotrimtabs5.php

Good luck!

Welcome aboard David,
I agree with Megabyte on the trim tab indicators but I do just the opposite that he does. I start with the tabs all the way down (forcing the bow down quickly) and the motor trimed all the way down. This gets me up on plane more quickly and then I first trim up the motor. This increases my RPM but usually, depending on water conditions, causes my boat to list on one side or the other depending on load. I then use the tabs to level the boat at the speed I am running. I don't think I would use a gauge if it were installed and rely more on the feel of the boat, RPMs, sound of the motor and ride.

It is hard for me to explain but when you hit the sweet spot with the motor trim and the tabs you can feel it in the steering and handling as well as the ride.

Good luck with your new boat. I agree that this website is the owner's manual. If you can't find the answer here it would never have been in any owner's manual.

Steve

Welcome Aboard Dave!!

Your gonna love that boat and hanging out here!

David,

I am looking at a 2320 also right up in that area and it's an 06! If the survey goes well I'll see you out there!

Latest posts

Back