JUST GOTTA SHARE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
Well after a summer of going back to the community college of Baltimore and then completing all of my requirements, I get to add Captain to my signature. Got my credentials in the mail this afternoon, Master 50 ton, Not bragging, I just had to share guys, just a lil pumped!!!

RumRunner":1ey5fyu7 said:
Congrats! How long did it take you to complete?

5 week course, t, w, th nights 6-10 and all day on Saturdays 120 hrs for a 100 ton course and pass all the tests. plus drug test, twic card, eye and physical exam, first aid/ cpr, document 360 days on the water and 3 letters of recommendation from experienced captains. once I applied they turned it around in 3 weeks. I started the process in June . Now I can apply for my guide license. Then document my vessel, get commercial insurance, start an LLC. I've learned a whole new respect for all of the charter captains out there.

got my 6pack last winter learned a lot thinking of going for master this winter not sure what im going to do with it but enjoyed the class congrats on passing it

Congratulations brother!
Master ticket here with a towing endorsement.
Renewal upgrade in process. :)

Thanks Guys for all the kind words, I was really pumped the day I posted this, but I'm back down to earth and my head has resumed its normal size, sorry if I come off a little boastful. Thanks again Mike

Lol, it's ok to boast the way you did, congratulations on an accomplishment! I hope to get my 6 pack license in a few years.

Congrats on earning your captains license.

As you know from the class, safety is a very important component of the license, and Captans are held to a higher standard on the water.

Congrats again and best of luck.

Thank you Captain Lou, and yes I realized that before I ever took the class. Some people I know would not even consider getting a captains license as they look at the added responsibility as a liability. I have been a boat owner for over 30 years and I have seen enough bad decisions on the water. As a master electrician I am the safety manager for our company with 100 electricians working in the field, after doing that for so long, safety is just a part of how I think. One of our instructors Captain Chris, wrapped up a lot of lessons by saying, "always stay ahead of your vessel". You know what he means, I will never forget it . Thanks again, Mike

Back