Just When You Thought You Had The Best...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From your link, the writer states:

"I just got back from the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show where Furuno premiered it's new "3D" System".

I guess Furuno saw Garmin eat their lunch with their "3D" system, called G2 Vision. IMHO Garmin makes the most user friendly and cutting edge chartplotters, period.

I've been reading about the new Furuno stuff, and everyone who has seen the gear seems to be excited about it.

I spent 4 days playing with the new Garmin 5212 touchscreen and I have to say that I was very impressed with how far forward Garmin jumped with their technology.

Hopefully when the Furuno gear ships in spring of 2008, I'll get an equal chance to do an extended evaluation of their stuff.

The downside...? These folks keep costing me (upgrade) money! :)

Megabyte":3q9kaou6 said:
I spent 4 days playing with the new Garmin 5212 touchscreen and I have to say that I was very impressed with how far forward Garmin jumped with their technology.

Installed the Garmin 4208 on my previous Parker. Hands down the best Plotter I ever owned. Garmin is on the cutting edge of navigational technology.
Most important to me is their outstanding customer service. Garmin is top shelf :wink:

Not really trying to start a Furuno vs Garmin battle, as IMO they don't compete. Furuno is commercial (check out yacht consoles or any working yard), not even available at most consumer outlets and much more expensive. Furuno is currently working on another CG contract fitting out their boats. Garmin appears to be the leader in rec. boating GPS only, seems easy to operate and has a lot of "gee-whiz" features.

The guys at Florida Sportsman seemed pretty excited about the new Furunos. The're are a lot of IT and electronics guys here and thought you might be interested in the latest.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with my GP-35 and 600L. Finds bait, keeps me off the coral, and never fails. :wink:

Love my Furuno 620. Great Machine. Easy to use. Great Graphics.

Some electronics (like Raymarine) just seem to be so hard to use. Gotta press or twist a zillion buttons just to switch screens. My old Lowrance was like that. Even though I was familiar with Lowrance, when the time came to buy a new unit, the learning curve on the Garmin was so quick, it was a shoe in.

Back