Keep the boat in the water?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aircoastie

Reaction score
Need some advice,

The Coast Guard is moving me to Miami. I just bought a house on the river in Ft. Lauderdale. Water appears fresh or brackish with my highly tuned taste test. I have stored the 2320 on the trailer since new. So do I get a good bottom job and keep her wet, or drop the 5k for a lift.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would put it on a lift if possible. I do not like keeping boats in the water unless you have to. Cleaner and safer on land or a lift and with the lift you can get to the bottom to clean. If I lived on the water in FL I would probably never put the boat away :D

Aircoastie":3lcctz2n said:
Need some advice,

The Coast Guard is moving me to Miami. I just bought a house on the river in Ft. Lauderdale. Water appears fresh or brackish with my highly tuned taste test. I have stored the 2320 on the trailer since new. So do I get a good bottom job and keep her wet, or drop the 5k for a lift.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you plan to live in FL for a few yrs and own home, a lift adds value to your home and increases boating time. Sounds like good deal on the price. Does it includes the permits, etc or is it a replacement of existing structure which is faster, less expensive and less paperwork
Post an update
thanks

I have had my boat in the water in FL for almost 2 years. I would certainly opt for the lift if possible. Accessibility will lead to the most use so I would say lift first, in the water second and if you are living on the water, the trailer a distant third.
If you decide to leave it in the water, make sure the bottom has been barrier coated (before painting) and have someone (or yourself) dive under the boat to clean the bottom every so often. I assure you that whatever you will pay a diver will cost less than the excess fuel you burn by not keeping the bottom clean

make sure if you put a lift that you spend the money for at least a 15k lift so when you end up selling the house someone with a boat up to 30 feet can use it. Not to mention you will probably lower and raise it with people in the boat. Not a fun way to start or end the trip when the cables go boom. Also, in Laudy get a gps tracker, lift power switch in the house, and plan on paying triple or more for your insurance. Welcome to SE Florida. No hablo ingles

Back