KEEPING BILGE CLEAN

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J V

Reaction score
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN USE TO KEEP MY BILGE CLEAN

Parker":f68rx02j said:
Come on Kevin.....fill him in...

:D

If you had seen the bilge on my boat when I bought her, you would never believe it would ever come clean again. It was coated in trim tab oil, tree debris, mold and mildew. :(
But... it is possible to get it clean, and here is how I did it...

The first two years I owned the boat, I had a bulkhead slip with some nasty trees overhead. Due to the stains from the trees, I used to scrub the boat down at least 3 times a week. I even poured a gallon of Simple Green in the bilge at one point to try and clean up all of the oil.

My boat wash solution consists of Orpine boat soap, Zep orange citrus cleaner, and plain old liquid bleach. When I was done cleaning the boat each time, I'd toss the left over water from my bucket into the bilge. The gentle wave action in my slip would move the water around until the next time I took the boat out. Once I jumped her up on plane, the water would travel aft and the bilge pump would get rid if everything.

Do that often enough, and you will eventually have a clean bilge too. :wink:

Image-DD7CDF050D5C11DC.jpg

THANKS KEVIN I APPRECIATE THE INFO

Somebody needs to talk to this boy........or reroute his waste pumpout into his bilge sometime and video the cleanup. Just keep him away from my boat, please. He'll probably look in my bilge, go into apoplectical shock absorption, or have a ruminoidal prelactate reaction and chug-a-lug a bottle of Simple Green and chase it with bleach-bilge runoff. If he did that, somebody would probably have to perform the dreaded man-to-man hiney-lick maneuver for him......and then we'd end up with two casualties.

:shock: :lol:

When this subject came up a couple of years ago I took the advice and started dumping the leftover Simple Green and Bleach solution into my bilge as well. I kee my boat on a mooring and it gets plent of motion.

It really works! Bilge is spotless. It's funny because it is the only part of my boat that I am obsessive about cleanliness.

The key is to do it every time. The only analogy I can think of is "it's not a diet, it's a change of lifestyle".

Back