kudos to Parker Marine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inTherapy

Reaction score
I have a fuel filling issue with my 2002 that without "surgery" I do not think can be fixed. It is apparent that the fuel fill hose actually dips below the fill in the tank thus creating an "S trap" ( unfortunately chit happens ). It's not a matter of venting or rerouting, been there, done that. Any ideas aside from surgery are much appreciated. So why kudos your wondering. I am impressed with Parkers multiple responses and effort put forth to resolve my problem. It is rare to find any company to return your call or email let alone try their hardest to make you happy. Thanks Parker Marine
Art

Do not have any advise, but have had two big issues, and the engineers at Parker, were very helpful, especially as I was asking what would happen if I took a sawzall to the pilot house :)

Would it be possible to remove the hose from either the fill port of the tank inlet and give it a few tugs to see if there is any slack in it?

New hose, as short as physically possible, new fuel vent, perfect thru-hull and screen. Even though the filler hose does partially sit below the the filler barb on the tank, Parker engineering claims all 2510s are made this way. I will take the hose off of the tank barb and check inside the fitting/opening for an obstruction. Again, I spoke with Parker for 1/2 hour today. They urge me not to cut the boat but....

I have a 2510 (2002 year model), and I do not have trouble filling the fuel tank. However...you must be quick on the nozzle and cut it off as soon as you hear the sound of fuel coming up the fill pipe. If you don't cut it off immediately, you will have a 1 pt. spill out the top and a squirt out the vent.

What year do you have? What is the problem...please explain the symptoms.

Dave

aka

2002 2510. When I use a gas pump and nozzle to fuel I have to feather the lever so carefully throughout the whole fuel. Forget about holding the handle wide open or even 1/2 open. The rush of air out the vent is very strong, the vent is working. Without an audible indication fuel blows out of the fill hole. I have been containing the spill with towels when possible. My fishing partner has the same year and model as I and has no issue. we can fuel his boat at full throttle. My last check is to see if there is an obstruction inside the elbow on the tank. I do not know what to do next except wait until next off seaso and cut the boat. art

Does your buddy use the same pump? I've heard that there are high and low volume pumps. Perhaps he's using a low and you're using a high.

Back