Last run of 2007 for the Megabyte

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
As much as I hate to think about the winter layover, the time came today for me to prepare the Megabyte, and run her south to Deale for the winter.

First task... shovel out the snow from Wednesday. :(

DSCN0016.JPG

Done!

DSCN0005.JPG

Warm the motor, coil the lines for the winter, and off we go!
Water temperature, 36 degrees. :shock:

DSCN0008.JPG

Winds were out of the SW between 10 and 15, and as I entered the Bay, I managed a decent speed in the "1 to 2's"

DSCN0009.JPG

By the time I got to the mouth of the Severn, that speed had dropped to about 12 kts as the seas kicked up to 3's. :(

So... give her lots of tab, trim the motor, and enjoy the ride, as I was the only one out there besides the oyster tongers working Tollys.

About the time I passed 85a, the influence of the land became a factor and I was able to increase speed a little at a time the further south I ran.

By the time I arrived at 83a and entered Herring Bay, I had the throttle firewalled running 33.5 kts at 5100 rpm.
YeeHaw! Listen to that OX66 sing! :D

In all too short a time, I arrived at the 6 kt entrance to Rockhold Creek.

DSCN0010.JPG

Tied up at one of Tri-States slips next to a 30 Grady Express, and bid farewell to my faithful ride for the long cold winter ahead.

DSCN0013.JPG

DSCN0016.JPG

Kevin,

Take heart.

Spring is ONLY about 3 1/2 months away 8) . Practically just around the corner :lol: . I always look at the cup as being 1/2 full :wink: .

Merry Christmas :!:

Mac

Took mine out today for what looks like the final ride of the season. Added some stabill and Startron a few weeks ago and just wanted to make sure it ran through the entire system.

Snow started falling as I was returning from the dock. Going to try and pull tommorrow.

Come on spring!!!!!!!

I've got 6 days of hardcore fishing at the CBBT remaining. Will probably put another 35-50 hours on the motors while there.

Then I'll leave her with a friend, and go back down in Jan and Feb a few times to fish off the VA/NC coast for the winter slobs. That should put another 20 hours on the motors.

Then I'll move back to Solomons and fish the CCNPP in Mar and Apr. That should put another 20 hours on the motors.

Hmmmm....I don't believe I'll winterize this year. :D :D :D

NOAA Saturday forcast lower Cape Fear...W wind 10k, 70 degrees.

Plenty of kings just offshore (small 10-25#'s). Around here, "East is least, West is Best" for fishing. I've called everyone I know, all busy w/Christmas stuff. Admiral, my regular fishing partner is busy this weekend.

Arrrrrgggg.

When are you gonna fix that old screw hole up on you helm? :D :D

It's always a sad day when these boats get retired for the winter....unless you're like me and never used the boat enough to really missing putting it away. :cry:

gw204":1scb0bwo said:
When are you gonna fix that old screw hole up on you helm? :D :D

Gotta find a 'glass guy' to show me how it's done.
When you gonna be up my way again in the spring?
I've got a handful of dings that need to be tended to. :)

Why wait for spring? You bring the beer, I'll bring the high intensity work lamp. That'll heat things up just fine. :)

Kev, You can get out fishing at least. I am going to keep my boat on the trailer until after Christmas and hope to get to PLO between Christmas and New Years!

I have pulled mine and she is in the driveway waiting for a break in the weather for a clean up. This weekend we will haul her south for the lower bay fish bash, and hopefully one more trip befor the end of the year. Then hope for a few good days for a wash and wax!

Awesome photos as usual Kev! It'll be a loooooong Winter layover :( ...

B-Faithful":1v71wfzg said:
Kev, You can get out fishing at least. I am going to keep my boat on the trailer until after Christmas and hope to get to PLO between Christmas and New Years!

I wanna put my reservation in now! I'm only working 2 days between 12/22 and 1/1....12/26 and 12/27. :)

Thank god for the pilot house. Try doing that in a Grady, LOL. What's that white stuff? Sorry just couldn't resist. Randy.

FishFactory":y2sf0m8a said:
NOAA Saturday forcast lower Cape Fear...W wind 10k, 70 degrees.

Plenty of kings just offshore (small 10-25#'s). Around here, "East is least, West is Best" for fishing. I've called everyone I know, all busy w/Christmas stuff. Admiral, my regular fishing partner is busy this weekend.

Arrrrrgggg.

Call me! I'm only 15 minutes away and I'm always ready to go when the weather is like Saturday thru Tuesday. We caught 9 Kings at FP Tower Sunday, 5 more Monday and a load of Black Bass and Grunts, and more bottom fish Tuesday.
Life is good in the sunny south!

Bertona...Thanks

Any bluehead black bass in the catch? Buddy of mine "Weekend Hooker" was at the Tower Sat or Sun. Limited out on 25#ers, slow trolling dead cigar minnows. Heard it was a (very productive) parking lot. Did you hear of any action @ Horseshoe?

We didn't get any large Bass, only average for this time of year. Probably need some cooler water. It was 71-72 degrees surface temp Sunday. We fished most of the time for Kings with hardware and dead bait on top and only spent the last 45 minutes on the bottom. Counted 46 boats around the tower. I didn't go Monday but my friends went and it was just like Sunday with 25+ boats and lake calm. They did more bottom fishing then and had Bass & Grunts along with 5 Kings. I went Tuesday morning bottom fishing at Christmas Rock and Cabbage Patch. It was a little slow as the current was really strong and hard to fish. We got Bass, Grunts, & small B-liners.

Back