Leak help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Knots

Reaction score
lookin for some input or piece of mind....

I have a 2520XL 2005 w Armstrong Bracket

it has a slight drip/leak that runs from the port side up near the trim tab to the aft bilge....

there is nothing below the water line anywhere on that side of boat.....nothing!
other than the trim tab, but i didnt think that the trim tab would actually penetrate the transom or hull

Can someone clarify???

So if you open the hatch in the floor and look to the far right i cannot see where it is coming from-

Open to suggestions!
Thanks everyone

Lay/line the area with cadboard, that'll hone in from where it is coming from. Check every few minutes as drops will indicate it is coming from above ...

good idea on the camera

DaleH... thats an idea also

any idea where this could be coming from other than the trim tab? Does the trim tab go thru the hull?????
just want to make sure i'm not missing something simple

I think you mean the tab acutator, no? And if so, then yes there are wires coming through the hull. But it could be water coming from the drainage of the helm cabin to the rear bilge, which runs under the cockpit deck. That's why I advise putting cardboard in there to record where (forward? aft? All the way to the side? Halfway out?) the drips or weepeing is coming from.

Also note no bilge is truly dry and maybe you're getting water in the aft bilge from the under-the-helm-sole area and you're just seeing remnants of it from sloshing around.

Parker has changed their configurations of how full-transom models are put together, but your cockpit deck on that side might be draining to the bilge. Mine does this too, as the spot where the vertical bulkhead is (inside the boat, not the transom) had a "crack" where the floor meets that vertical piece. It wasn't a strucural crack at all, it was just putty that Parker put in there to 'seal' that area so that water on the back deck should drain to the scupper depression.

that was a thought of mine as well - but my front bilge holds any and all water all the time...my back bildge is hardly ever wet.
except with this water which seems to be coming from either the actuator area or along one of the ribs up high not in the keel area...
its coming from higher up and flowing to the aft bilge just infront of the transom.
trying to get pics tonight- i know its hard to explain without pics but the boat is an hour from me right now
but i do apprecaite the thought process!

If your front bilge is holding water, try two things...

Pour some Simple Green or Orange Zep in the forward bilge.
After awhile, you should see green or orange in the rear bilge area.

If you do not, take a household drain snake (or similar) and run it through the limber at the keel that runs forward to aft.
You could possibly have a blockage in that drain pipe that runs along the keel.

If the limber is clean, next time you go out, retract the tabs fully and run her 'bow high' for several miles.
If the pipe is clear, running her bow high should drain the forward bilge water to the rear.

Hope this helps. :)

Back