Leak in cabin roof

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwpaconcours

Reaction score
I've had a persistent leak in the cabin of my 2018 2510WA. I solved a hatch leak shortly after I took delivery but this different leak has been stubborn. It looks like the leak is through one of the through bolts on the top of the cockpit but hidden behind the carpet. The carpet stain is where I have dripping, and the top of that stain lines up with the screws exposed along the port side.

Has anyone solved a leak like this, with an inaccessible bolt (short of ripping out carpet which for obvious reasons I'd prefer not to do).

20240330_150033.jpg20240330_151128.jpg

Well I may have answered my own question. I didn't realize the top side of the cockpit had screws under the trim, and some were quite loose, which is a bit disconcerting. I'll pull all the trim and secure/seal the screws. I'm not sure how you get the the nuts on the backside though. It also looks like my rubber trim strips are short, or shrunk perhaps?

20240330_170038.jpg

Yes...They shrink with age.... Carefully pull the carpet back... They use contact cement. Then it's a 2 person job...one inside.... One outside. Remove the fastner...seal and reinstall. Then something like 3M Spray Trim adhesive to reinstall the carpet...It is spray Bomb contact cement...You spray both surfaces.... Let it dry and then stick it back together on the Carpet.

Older boats used Balsa Core as a coring for the Roof... Water leaks are EXTREMELY detrimental to it.

Yes...They shrink with age.... Carefully pull the carpet back... They use contact cement. Then it's a 2 person job...one inside.... One outside. Remove the fastner...seal and reinstall. Then something like 3M Spray Trim adhesive to reinstall the carpet...It is spray Bomb contact cement...You spray both surfaces.... Let it dry and then stick it back together on the Carpet.

Older boats used Balsa Core as a coring for the Roof... Water leaks are EXTREMELY detrimental to it.
Thank you, sounds like a plan.

Back