Leak Inside Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J876

Reaction score
Hi all, hopefully someone here can help me. I have an old Parker 2004. Over the past few months I noticed water accumulating on the floor inside the pilot house against both walls (see it dripping down under the fabric). There is also water dripping down the fabric/walls inside the cabin up front where the cushions are. There are only two sources of water entry that I can see... Either the rub rail around the perimeter of the boat, or where the metal railing attaches to the deck that goes around the pulpit and cabin. Can anyone give me some guidance? Thanks!

Yep both off those r sources where I have found leaks . Look on the underline on the rub rail then if not the leaks should match up with the feet of the bow rail

Looks like the leak is coming from the rubrail all around the cabin. It's actually starting to pull away from the fiberglass around the bow and cabin and there is a huge space for water to enter underneith through the screw holes I presume. Any idea how much this will cost to have the entire rubrail pulled off, resealed and replaced?

Just get some black marine silicone and caulk the entire rub rail underneath. I did this on my 2120 and that ended the leaks.Take your time and it looks like part of rubrail.

Back